Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 28, 2008

Apparently Required Introduction Post :)

So as if I didn't have enough on my plate, I have decided to blog. Oh I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Kat. I am a 27 year old military wife and mother of two. My daughters are "LaLa", 4, and "KiKi", 2. My husband is "the man", since I doubt he actually wants to be part of this blog. Oh well. I also have a dog, Elizabeth (Elizabeast) and a cat, Sam. Right now we live in the middle of nowhere Missouri on an Air Force Base and we are moving to another Air Force Base in England. I am also a full time student at the moment, but I am going to be graduating in about a month with my bachelors degree. *does a little happy dance for everyones enjoyment* I also sell candles at in home "parties" for a little extra income.

In February we found out that our pretty normal life was about to be turned upside down (for the better we hope) by a move overseas. We leave in November and I have been trying to research the area of England that we are moving to like a madwoman. I think I know everything there is to know about their school systems, neighborhoods, etc. that there is to know. Like for example, at school functions they sell alcohol. That would NEVER fly in the states. But how cool is that? I mean really, that has got to take the edge off an otherwise boring, oh my goodness shoot me, parent required event. I digress. Anyway, "the man" and I are really excited about the move. My best friend coincidentally has already moved to this Air Force Base about a year ago, so I (we) will already have a built in support system there when we move. My husband is also best friends with her husband so it is like a twofer. Or is it two-for? Two-fer? My kids are also really excited about the move. LaLa tells everyone she meets that she is moving to England. KiKi is excited because she is two. Everything is exciting when you are two.

A couple of other things about me. I swear. Sometimes a lot. Don't be surprised if one day I drop and F-bomb. Sometimes I really dislike other people's children. Not because they belong to other people, just because they are annoying. I would dislike my own children if they acted the way some of these kids acted. My kids aren't perfect. Sometimes I do want to duct tape them to the walls of my house, but I do love them. My husband can be, difficult, but he is mine. My dog is the biggest cuddlebug in the world and sometimes the only thing in the house who listens to me. Oh and I hate trying to potty train kids.