I am so glad you were able to come and visit me for your birthday. This trip has been absolutely fantastic and I will never run out of blogging material because of it. I mean, you are the only one who could fart and Windsor Castle and only be slightly embarrassed and then laugh when I exposed your deed to the internet. Staying up until the wee hours of the morning with me either reading a book or us laughing or butts off trying to be quiet as to not wake the rest of the house. I love that you are not only my mom but my best friend. I can tell you anything and not worry about being judged. OK maybe a little, but I know you will always love me and support me no matter what. So in honor of your birthday here are a few of the important lessons I have learned from you.
1. Mom is always right.
2. Don't argue with Mom.
3. Even if you don't agree with Mom, just nod your head.
4. Farts are funny (especially at Windsor Castle).
5. I am predisposed to snorting when I laugh.
6. A good book is never a waste of time.
7. Even a trashy romance novel is acceptable reading material.
8. Never underestimate the power of a good belly laugh.
9. Sometimes it is best to just shut your mouth and go with the flow.
10. There can never be too many clocks in your house.
11. Bacon is a food group.
12. Tough love is often the best choice.
13. Animals are a never ending source of entertainment and love.
14. Kids do stupid things and it is ok to laugh at them.
15. Wear good shoes.
16. Don't worry about things.
17. When in doubt, have a chat with God.
18. You can never give your kids enough hugs and kisses.
19. Don't take yourself too seriously.
20. Mom is always right.
So Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you, you crazy wonderful woman.
(Mom and the girls at Windsor Castle)