Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 10, 2011

Dear So and So...Yes We Can

Dear General Public,

On behalf of my friend D from High School, I would like to state that irregardless is not a real word. It makes poor D want to stab himself in the ears with pencils each and every time you say it. Apparently, D also has a magnet that attracts people who use this word too him as well (including an English major who should know better). Regardless of if the word is in the dictionary or not, you should note that it says that the word is "nonstandard", which means it is incorrect. Please refrain from using this word; I would hate to see D's ears bleed.

Respectfully The Grammar Nazi with a Soapbox, Kat

PS- D was a really good tuba player back in the day, it would be a shame for him to lose his hearing.
-------------------------

Dear WeightWatchers,

I lost another pound and a half this week, bringing the grand total to 18lbs so far. I am so proud of myself, but I honestly couldn't do it without your help.

Love your Happy Customer, Kat
-----------------------

Dear KiKi,

Tomorrow is your birthday and I can't believe tomorrow you will be my five year old. You have become such a lovely child, well minus those little flares of temper you seem to exhibit on occasion (but you're a Gemini, so it is to be expected). I love your precocious nature. I love that you are independent and a bit sassy. I love that you take life as it comes at you with no fear of what the future holds. You are growing into such a big girl, but you will always be my baby.

Love, Mom
-----------------------

Dear Readers,

If you have any letters of your own please link up!!!

Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Love, Kat
--------------------