Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Paws Off My Stuff!

It never fails that when my husband leaves some sort of crisis breaks out at my house. This time, it has left me really shaken. Somebody broke into my shed in the back garden and stole my lawnmower, weed whacker, all the petrol to run the two, and my husband's ax. It isn't that my things are gone that bothers me, well that bothers me too, but more the fact that someone has been on my property snooping around.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened at this house. First the gate from my driveway was stolen. It was a big wooden gate, like the type that would go across a pasture, and it surely took at least two people to steal. The next incident was a speaker system that was taken from my friends truck that has been parked at my house for a while. Now, all the gardening tools stolen. So, yeah, I am pretty miffed now.

All of these things that have been taken seem like crimes of opportunity. A sitting car that nobody pays attention to, a gate that is not often shut or opened, and my shed didn't have a padlock on it like it should have. However, now I am afraid because I don't know what else these criminals have seen that they want to take.

I considered moving. Actually, that is still on the table. My husband really wants me to move onto the military base. I really don't want to move because of the pain in the butt it will be, but I understand his point of view. I have spoken to my landlady and she agreed to make some security improvements, which makes me feel a little bit better. I went and got a bunch of padlocks which I am determined to put on anything that could possibly be locked up.

I just hate feeling like this. I hate feeling violated. I hate thinking the worst of people and right now I just don't have very much faith in the world at large. Stupid criminals.