Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 6, 2012

Dear So and So....My Mojo Has Gone Missing

Dear Anyone and Everyone,

Have you seen my mojo?  As you have seen, it's been a bit quiet around The Bungalow lately.  It's not that I don't want to write.  I desperately do.  I have opened a fresh blog post countless times over the past few weeks, wrote a couple of lines, then deleted it, and closed out Blogger; not because I don't have anything to say, but I can't seem to find my words.

For a supposed writer, it feels immobilizing.  Almost like a part of me isn't working properly.

Maybe it is confidence.  You see, I start writing a post, then read it back and say to myself "What a load of rubbish.  Even I find that dull.  You couldn't write your way out of a wet paper sack at this rate."  So I erase it and try again.  Then again, what I have written doesn't hold up to my internal standard and then I erase it.

Now I sound like one of those tortured writers; like Poe or Hemingway.  I am far from tortured.  I have in fact done quite a few very fun things like going to High Lodge at Thetford Forest, having coffee mornings with my friends and having a wander about one of the towns near me with one of my photographer friends.

However, when I start to write about these things I feel like I am starting to get repetitive.  Blah, blah, blah, here we go again.  Delete.

Oh, well, we all know that sooner or later my life will give me a story that I will just have to share with the world.  Then magically, my mojo will appear, just as it has always done, and I will write something nearly brilliant.

Until then, I will just have to keep my blog fodder eyes peeled and wait for inspiration to hit me.  It's what us bloggers do.  Just don't forget about me while I am waiting.

Ta, Kat
------------------------------

Dear Readers,

If you have your own letters, please link up.

Love, Kat
------------------------------