Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm Just a Little Black Rain Cloud

Yesterday was a spectacular day.  The girls and I accomplish a lot of chores that have needed to be done for quite a while.  We cleaned out closets and donated the clothes to charity, we organized the shoe closet, and we went to ASDA to find a battery size that I have never heard of (still can't find it).  For those of you who don't know, ASDA is owned by Wal-Mart and it is more like a Tesco than a Wal-Mart.  More emphasis on groceries than stuff.

The weather was beautiful and sunny except for a few errant rain clouds.  I love it when it rains when it is sunny outside.  Just a quirk of mine.  One the way home we passed under one of these little black rain clouds and LaLa asked if it was going to rain all day.  I told her "No I think we are just underneath a little black rain cloud."  Then she got really excited.  

"Like Winnie the Pooh!"

"Yep like Winnie the Pooh!"  I was actually shocked she remembered the little black rain cloud story from Winnie the Pooh.  

Then she started singing the song:
"I'm just a little black rain cloud
hovering under the honey tree..."

I got a good laugh. I then I asked "What happened after Pooh was hovering under the honey tree?"

"He got bees in his mouth!"

"Then what?"

"He got chased by the bees! Then his balloon got popped!  Then the bees chased his some more and he had to hide under the umbrella with Christopher Robin in the mud puddle!"

I was just having such a good time listening to her explain the story to me.  It made the drive back to the house a lot more enjoyable than if the girls had been fighting in the back seat as usual.  I remember loving the tale of "Pooh and the Honey Tree" when I was a kid and I am glad that this love is shared by my girls.


19 comments:

TBM said...

That's so cute! My daughter (now 14) and I were big Winnie the Pooh fans too. She loved Tigger :-)

BTW, we're under quite a few rain clouds today, aren't we? Sad change from all the sun we've been enjoying.

Anonymous said...

That's so cute she related it to Winnie the Pooh!

mo.stoneskin said...

I had forgotten all about those wonderful stories. Not sure if it is just old age kicking in (they say you deteriorate from 26...) or maybe I just never learnt them as well as your daughter!

smitten by britain said...

He's so cute and so is LaLa. Have you read the Tao of Pooh? That Pooh has a lot to teach us about life.

Bobby G said...

Yeah poo, tigger was the shit!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw-ah. What a lovely little anecdote.

Ellie

Sprite's Keeper said...

John sings that song to Sprite a lot and she loves it. Talk about memories!

for a different kind of girl said...

So, so cute! My boys only ever talk about WWE wrestling when we're in the car. And eating dinner. And getting ready for bed. Gah...all. the. time.

Lola said...

Aww! I loved Winnie when I was a kid, but my son never liked it. He was more of a Kipper fan!

Jenny Grace said...

I love those days.

Peggy said...

My kids never got into Winnie either...I think there are far too many choices for them nowadays...I'm going to share your video with my littlest (3)...maybe she'll like him as much as I did...he's timeless really!

ps...Wendy93639.com did a post about WtP today too! So cute!

Cape Cod Gal said...

Your kids are adorable. Wish I could share the love of Poo. But, there is something about that whole thing that creeps me out!

Larkin said...

I really miss being a kid. As soon as I saw the headline, I started singing the Pooh song. Oh, I miss those days:)

Your girls are adorable.

Vodka Mom said...

awwwww. i love Winnie......

Mitzy said...

Wow... that video brings back memories! Oh how I yearn to be a kid again....

Captain Dumbass said...

Liam likes Winnie so I get to watch with him.

Irish Gumbo said...

Oh, hovering...now it all makes sense! I get it now.

Hey, Kat! Lovely story, hope all is well :)

Cynthia L. H. said...

It's wonderful to keep a story going with the children while riding in the car. When my grand-daughter is with me, she constantly asks, "Gramma! Tell me a story!" Then I ask her to tell one. She tells great stories!
:^)
C

steenky bee said...

I must admit here that I know nothing about this Winnie the Pooh that you speak of. Henners had a fascination with him for about four days, then it ended. I'm heartless, I know. I have a black soul that will never know the joy of that yellow bear.