Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Two of a Kind

Have you ever seen two people who are so in sync that their bond is undeniable.  That is LaLa and The Man.  They are peas in a pod.  They always have been.  She is his constant shadow when he is home from work.  She dithers about the house with him trying to help him with yard work, or whatever project his is attempting at the time.  She has become an excellent tool and flashlight holder.  She goes to fetch him water when he is mowing the lawn.  She is his little buddy.

For the last few months my husband has been on swing shift which means he works from 3 pm (goes in at 2pm) until mid night (usually gets home around 2am).  He was usually still asleep when she left for school and had already left for work by the time she got home from school.  Their schedules were just not meshing.  So the only times they saw each other was on the weekends.  These two days a week the two could not be separated.  They would go shopping together, run errands together and she was happy as a clam.  

During the week when I was pulling single parent duty she never hesitated to let me know that I was not the favorite parent.  When she didn't get her way "I want daddy" or when she was bored "So when is daddy gonna be home?"; yeah she is that blunt.  Oh well, I don't mind.  I am just glad that she has that bond with her dad.  It is something special to see between a father and a daughter.  I am also glad that he is off swing shifts as well.

20 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I was always my dad's flashlight- and tool-holder, too. Some of my best memories, in his workshop with him, "helping" him build, fix, repair...

Ellie

Michelle said...

Sky and her daddy are like that too. Very sweet to see that bond!

Go here....
http://desperateconfessionsofahousewife.blogspot.com/2009/04/and-winner-is.html

Badass Geek said...

I'm sure he loves having her follow him around. An extra set of hands, no matter how small, is always good to have.

Bobby G said...

Hey, at least shes outta your hair on the weekends! lol

Expat mum said...

Just had to comment on the previous post! I want those pyjamas!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

My daughter is that way with my husband. I feel really sorry for her future husband!

These times will be special memories for your sweet girl!

mo.stoneskin said...

Lovely.

But does your man do yard work when he gets home from work?! What a man.

steenky bee said...

It seems like BOTH of my childrens are daddy's. They love him, but they cry for me when they need some soothing.

Anonymous said...

That's really sweet!

Michele said...

I was a daddy's girl also. The memories I have of "helping" daddy are some of my best. I also learned things that my brother and sister never did, like wire a house and build a piece of furniture. He left me with a terrific skill set.

Wendi said...

Okay, I'm crying. That's so beautiful!

spitandvinegar said...

My children are unapologetic about the fact they favor their dad, grandparents and possibly feral dogs more than they like to spend time with me. It could have something to do with the fact that I read blogs all day long and ignore them unless they are being funnier than what I am reading.

Krystal said...

That is the best thing inthe wold - honestly. My kids have an affinity for their dad - he is so much more the favorite parent. When he went to Puerto Rico 2 weeks ago, it was a crying fest waiting for him to come home. They are lucky to have eachother.

for a different kind of girl said...

How awesome they have a bond like that. It's great for girls to be close to their Dad. I bet, when the day comes, she'll pick a boyfriend with characteristics just like her Dad.

SweetPeaSurry said...

That bond is awesome, I love my mommy, but I had so much more fun tooling around with my dad!

Jen said...

that is just so special. I hope that this bond with always continue

Hit 40 said...

I love that you are not jealous of their time together. Fabulous! Nice that he makes time for her on the weekend.

Lola said...

Aww! Our son is pretty 50/50 with us as far as following us around, but he really only listens to me when it comes to discipline.

He will challenge my husband for a half hour, where I just tell him to do it, and it gets done. Drives my husband crazy!!

Captain Dumbass said...

I think I'm the favourite too, although I have no doubt they will kill and eat me one day.

Anonymous said...

Awww, it's cute though don't you think? My Mum said I was like that with my dad, but we would argue all the time.

BTW how do you know a clam is happy?