Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 3, 2010

Fashion Faux Pas

Liz from over at Living With Kids has tagged me with her brand spankin' new meme. She asks, "What have been your fashion faux pas?" Let me just say, I was a kid in the 80's so I escaped having big hair. However I have been guilty of so so many other ones.

1. The Mom Uniform. Oh, don't pretend you don't know what I am talking about. Ill fitting shirt (usually a t-shirt or sweatshirt), jeans, and old trainers. Sometimes you did your hair that morning, meh, sometimes you didn't. Ring a bell?

2. Tight-rolled jeans. I may have been a kid in the 80s but you know all 8 year old little girls worshiped Debbie Gibson in the 80s and dammit if she tight-rolled her jeans, so was I! Never mind that it made the bottom of your jeans look ridiculous, but it was also ridiculously hard to get right the first time, especially for an 8 year old.

3. Mall Bangs (Fringe) (yes my British friends in the States we call your fringe your bangs) (feel free to snigger). This "look" if you want to call it that required massive amounts of hair spray (we did no favors for the environment back then) and a curling iron, a large barreled one worked the best to achieve the right amount of poof at the top. Then you had to curl some of the bangs down towards your forehead. Basically it looked like someone stuck a dinner roll on your forehead, and that is if you got it right! If you got it wrong, you walked around with a curling iron burn on your forehead. I am still afraid of curling irons.

4. Backwards clothes. I firmly blame the rap group Kris Kross. (the Mac Daddy, make ya jump jump, Daddy Mac, make ya jump jump!)

So, since this is a meme I need to pass this bad boy on. I am going to pass it to SueAnn, Vegemitevix, Jess, and since we all need to know about bad boy faux pas Captain Dumbass .