Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 30, 2010

Primary School Hurdle

Every parent has a bit of worry when their child starts proper "big school" (elementary/primary school). Most worry about if their child is going to be ready for the work, the long days, be able to socially adjust and if they will make friends. I am not worried about any of this. I know KiKi will adjust. She is a very flexible child, well about most things. There is one thing though that is potentially going to sink my little "happy my child is growing up and going to school" boat. She won't wipe her own butt when she done with her "business".

Don't laugh. This is very serious.

This morning she and I had a fifteen minute standoff in the bog because she wouldn't take the toilet paper and wipe her butt. I stood there with loo roll in my hand trying my damnedest to hand it to her. Her flat ignoring me screaming at the top of her lungs to me to wipe her butt.

Me: KiKi take the toilet paper and just wipe your butt.
Her: "NOOOOO, YOU WIPE MY BUTTTT!!!"
Me: KiKi, I can't wipe your butt while you are at school. You need to do it. Take the TP and wipe.
Her: "IF I DO POOP I WILL GET IT ON MY HANDS!!! WIPE MY BUTTTTTT!!"
Me: I am not wiping you. Wipe your own butt. I can't come to school with you to wipe your butt for you.
Her: "WIPE MY BUUUUUTTTTT!!!!" *eyes at this point about to bulge about her head*

Continue this conversation for another fifteen minutes with me eventually leaving the bathroom to load the washing machine while she continued to screech for me to wipe her bottom. I gave in. I know, bad mom giving in, but really it was just ridiculous to watch her sit there with her legs dangling from the toilet seat and screeching her head off.

So, to recap, my goal this week: getting my child to wipe her own ass. For some reason I think I have a better chance at making sun set in the east.