I'm 30! Holy moly! I can't believe it. I guess their are advantages to not being in my twenties anymore, not that I have felt like I have been in my twenties in a very long time. Also, I still have writers block, so I made yet another couple of lists.
Good Things About Getting Older
1. I worry less about trivial things.
2. I know who I am. I know what I am good at and what I can improve.
3. I love myself more than I did when I was in my teens/early 20s.
4. I don't feel peer pressure like I did when I was younger.
5. I usually make better choices.
6. I have better skin. Other than my laugh lines, but I do love laughing.
7. I can have a good laugh at my own expense.
8. I am more motivated.
9. More patience for important things.
10. Better Birthday presents.
Things That Stink About Getting Older
1. Things that were once north are slowly sliding south.
2. My feet seem to have grown. They were already huge.
3. My metabolism has taken a hike.
4. Relentless inner dialog.
5. Having to cross my legs when I sneeze or cough hard.
6. Forgetfulness. (OK, this isn't really from getting older, that is just part of my charm.) (Yes, we're gonna call it charm)
7. Caffeine all of a sudden has started making me stay awake, which never was a problem when I was younger, but now if I have a sip of caffeine after 9pm I won't sleep until 3am.
8. I am not longer the last person in my group of friends who is still in their 20s.
9. No patience for trivial stupid people.