Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Challenges

The holidays are now done and dusted. The Christmas tree has been disassembled, dragged though my house (dropping nearly every needle on the floor on the way out the door) and chopped up for firewood; nearly all the wrapping paper and toy boxes (my GOD getting into a Barbie is like breaking into Fort Knox) have been taken to the recycling center; and things are getting slowly back to normal.

I really enjoyed my Christmas season this year. My parents and brother came to England to spend time with us. It was the first Christmas in three years that we were all together as a family and it was really special. We spent Christmas Eve at Ely Cathedral which was magical. The singing was phenomenal and the pomp and circumstance could only probably be rivaled by High Mass at the Vatican. This was followed by the flurry of endless amounts of paper being ripped off of presents on Christmas morning by the girls (95% of what was under the tree was for them)(yes, they are THAT spoiled).

Now that we are back nearly into the swing of a normal schedule I am starting to look forward to the new (and some not so new) challenges that I have set for myself. These aren't resolutions per se, but things that I have set out to accomplish this year. I have once again decided to focus on my health and will be attending my weekly WeightWatchers meetings again starting tomorrow. I have also taken a keen interest in learning how to better use my camera. I have had my DSLR since before I moved to England, but have rarely taken it out of the auto setting. To help me with this, I am doing the 365 project. One photo a day for 365 days. Simples. I am also determined to finish my book. Slowly and steady wins the race, eh? In between this I also have PTA, bible study and I have started a home based jewelry business. If you want something done, ask a busy person right?

I guess I better get cracking on this year! Happy New Year everyone!