Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Promotions Test and Things

My husband, better know as The Man, has this week off of work. He is supposed to be studying for a test to determine if he will be promoted to the next rank in the Air Force. So far there hasn't been much studying going on. There has instead been cleaning, lots of TV watching, and chasing me around the house like a hormonal teenager. Not that I mind that last bit. Too much.

Of course last year when he was studying for this same test Libya kicked off, he got called back into work off of leave and deployed a couple days later. Ah the joys of Air Force life. This resulted in his missing his promotion by 12 points last year. 12 points!!! Soooo close. It was enough to make me swear a little bit. Ok, a lot.

This year I am trying not to get my hopes up. A promotion would be nice, really nice. It is a pay rise and would lead to MAYBE shorter days at work for my husband. Maybe not shorter days but at least maybe a little less crap rolling downhill in his direction at work.

And I know this post is a bit rambling, but as I said, he's been chasing me around the house like a teenager.

I guess I should be thankful that after nearly 10 years of marriage he is still like that...