It was a really long weekend. I am sooo glad it is over and "The Man" is back to full strength. This weekend he spent the entire time in bed getting over the pneumonia, which made for chaos in my house. I just now got the house back into working order: downstairs clean, dishes totally done, laundry washing, floors mopped. Now when I say my house is chaos when my husband is sick I really mean chaos. First of all he is the most whiny sicko ever. Second when he is sick, my kids somehow know it is time to do everything in their power to drive me absolutely batty. Third, my house never gets cleaned because of all the other things I have on my list of things to do that weekend.
A few things I found myself saying over and over this weekend were:
1. I swear to God if you don't stop (insert bad act here), you are going to time out.
3. Because I said so! (I swore when I had kids I would never say this)
4. Quit climbing on the back of the couch.
5. Don't scream in the house.
6. Mommy is writing her essay, go watch T.V. ( I hate using the T.V. as a babysitter, but sometimes it can't be avoided).
7. KiKi, put your diaper back on!
Since I spent most of the weekend doing school work, taking care of "Mr Sicko", and entertaining the girls, I am taking the day off. No school work. I plan on laying on the couch and totally vegging out. Maybe a vodka cranberry tonight....
I got Elizabeast groomed this morning and she looks absolutely adorable. I need to take a picture and share with everyone. I love that dog. I swear she is the only one who listens to me around this house.