Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

It got off to a slow start. I was out of it most of the morning thanks to the sleeping pill I finally took at 1am last night as a last ditch effort to get some sleep. Damn cold keeping me up til all hours of the night. The Man also didn't get home until well after 3am because of work. Such is life. So we all finally got moving around 10:30, mind you the kids were watching Playhouse Disney at 9:30 am. Thankfully, LaLa has figured out where I keep the poptarts and juice boxes. It isn't the best start to a Saturday morning, but it afforded me a little more sleep. When I finally rolled out of bed I cooked a real breakfast for everyone: eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, and toast. LaLa wanted some waffles, so I toasted those up for her.

After breakfast we got down to the business of exchanging a couple of small gifts. The Man got me a big heart of Whitman's chocolates and some house slippers (I think because I have been stealing his to take out the trash). I got him the movie "Saw V" and a poster of beers from around England for him to hang out in the Man Room. I figured I couldn't go wrong with blood, guts, and beers on Valentine's Day. The girls each got a small box of Conversation Hearts candy and a card from their dad and I. They each ate their box of candy in about 3.5 seconds. All in all the morning was a smashing sucess. Kids hopped up on candy, my tootsies are warm and The Man gets to watch a horror flick later, is there anything better?

20 comments:

Badass Geek said...

Mmm.... waffles.

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Sounds perfect to me! Happy Valentine's Day!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Hey 3 Bedroom in Crazytown.....I want one of those sleeping pill thingy's. I wonder if you could send me one in the post? I wonder if that's legal and would get through custom's? Somehow, I don't think so....
Happy Valentine's Day and...

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Sounds like a perfect Valentine's Day to me!

Anonymous said...

"I figured I couldn't go wrong with blood, guts, and beers on Valentine's Day."

Ah...the simple pleasures in life.

rachael chatoor said...

Sounds like a perfectly lovely day!

Wish I was at your house for breakfast!

Captain Dumbass said...

Mmm, I'll have some of that breakfast.

Cape Cod Gal said...

You totally lost me after the description of breakfast! YUM!!!

Happy V-day girl!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Hell, that should be a tradition! Happy V Day!

Ahahgshene said...

hmmm... saw v for valentine's day? not bad.

Heather said...

Egads!! There are FIVE of those movies? Insane.

Irish Gumbo said...

She may know where the poptarts and juice boxes are, let's just hope she doesn't figure out where the whiskey and beef jerky is...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Reinvent Dad said...

I second Cape Cod Gal...the breakfast sounded delicious...I just made scrambled eggs. Happy Valentines Day to everyone!

Vodka Mom said...

happy V Day!!!

Anonymous said...

You are so romantic in the gift you got him!

nikkicrumpet said...

Nothing says romance like beer and blood lol. I'm glad you guys had a wonderful day! And now I'm hungry for breakfast at IHOP...either that or you could toast me a waffle!

OhCaptain said...

Happy Day after Valentine's Day! Sorry I'm late, we were busy :-)

Lola said...

Sounds like a great one to me, especially the second breakfast! My V-Day was painful. Apparently, it hurts really bad if you face-plant while going way faster than you should be down a mountain on a couple of popsicle sticks ;(

Hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Mark and I went to a friend's house for beer ad pizza. I didn't think it got any classier than that. I was wrong.;)
Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

awww. sounds like a nice day. I do not rmember my V day.....