Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, February 28, 2009

You Want Fries with That? or How you Know your Not in Kansas Anymore Dorothy

So we got off the London Underground at the Queensway Station and were greeted by my Dad. Hugs and kisses all around, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. The streets of London were busy and bustling as I expected them to be. My Mom wandered over from the souvenir stand that she had been perusing. More hugs and kisses were exchanged. Then my Dad looks at my Mom and says "Tell her about Burger King," and I was a little confused. Burger King? What did the food taste funny?

Mom giggled. I got this weird feeling they weren't going to be telling me about the food.

"Well, we got off the Underground and went to the hotel to drop off our bags, since we couldn't check in yet. Then we walked around the corner to find something to eat because well, you should have seen the sorry excuse for breakfast that the airline served. We saw a Burger King and thought "well that should be safe enough" and went in. We ordered and sat down. Well this guy came in. He looked a little strange and we didn't really think anything of it. While we were eating I heard this tapping sound coming from his table. So I kinda looked over. He was cutting up COCAINE on the table with a credit card. That is what the tapping noise was. He was doing lines of cocaine right there in Burger King in broad daylight!"

Then my Dad cut in to help with the story. "He was on his phone too. He had this heavy Eastern European accent and he was saying 'I got prostitutes. I got big big prostitutes,' and making these gestures with his hands to show how many prostitutes he had even though he was on the phone."

My eyes must of been as big as saucers. Then my mom chirped "He must have wanted some coke with his fries" That my friends is when I lost it and about peed myself laughing. Then she added "We're definitely NOT in Kansas anymore!"

And this is how I began my weekend visit to London.

24 comments:

♥ Braja said...

Your mum is a riot. Who's writing her lines?? :))

Anonymous said...

At least they didn't run out screaming! That's a funny story. And totally London!
Enjoy your stay.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's classic, including the fact that the first restaurant they visit is an American one. That's something my parents would do.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

This is hysterical!!!! I had an experience similar to this in Amsterdaym but not with me mum!!!
Oh thank you for the early morning laugh. I think your blog is wonderful and I smile every time I drop by for a visit :)
Take good care and......

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Irish Gumbo said...

"have it your way" indeed.

I never saw that on the menu at the Burger King I went to in Germany...

Joanie said...

I went to a Mc Donald's in Germany and didn't see that either. I did get a beer though.

Badass Geek said...

Interesting menu selection.

I would have gone with the Pot Shots, myself.

Sandiegogal2000 said...

many years ago I lived in Vienna austria as an Au Pair, right out of high school. I grew up in a small city east of San Diego somewhat of a farming area, you need to know this because.........When i arrived in Vienna it was a whole different city and something I hadn't seen before. I lived on the edge of Vienna. Down the hill from my home was a house with a "pretty red light" in the window. I thought hey that is a neat night. My mom came to visit for Christmas and was talking with the family that I lived with and she said does it bother you that you have a whore house down the road? I looked at her and said where I have never seen one?? I was shocked and had no idea what she was talking about. Ok I was young, 18 and was even younger when it came to my understanding about the works of prostitutes. Now my mom and the family i lived with where laughing so hard because all these months I had NO IDEA what the red light was all about.

Captain Dumbass said...

Do you get a toy with that?

Michele said...

Your mom is hilarious. Is coke on the dollar/pound menu?

Jess said...

Your mother's comment was equally enjoyed when I repeated this story with Larkin and a few others...HILARIOUS!

MikeH said...

What neighborhood did your parents wander into? I've been to lots of Burger Kings and have never seen anything like that. Good on them for seeing the funny side.

Chris said...

OMG That's hilarious!! A little creepy but... hilarious!

Unknown said...

omg kat, you always have a great story about your family! Ive missed it! Glad to get it in the blogger world :)

The Stiletto Mom said...

That is funnier now than it was when you told me over google chat. Oh how I miss the antics of London!

Meg said...

Oh my gosh...your mom sounds hilarious!! What a perfect line!!

SweetPeaSurry said...

Hee ... that's funny.

when I was living in NYC, I rarely had BK. One day I was craving it though, so I hiked a couple o blocks up and a couple o blocks over to snag me a Bacon Double Cheeburger Combo. Yummy.

I stood in line, got to the counter and ordered my meal ... where they promptly told me they were out of hamburgers.

I nearly cried, You're the KING OF BURGERS how ... how how how ... can the KING be out of burgers?

Not nearly as good as the "Coke with the fries" but a bit of humor there. :)

Anonymous said...

I never saw anyone do coke at a Burger King, but I did see 2 people smoking pot outside a Surf Taco. Your mom is a hoot. ~Mary

Jessica said...

LOL! That is fantastic! I hope the rest of your weekend was just as enjoyable:)

Lola said...

That's crazy! Your parents sound great.

Ian Newbold said...

Ah, London. Where all your dreams come true. Glad your folks could see, and tell, the funny side.

Nicky said...

I would be with you with the eyes being as big as saucers! Love the line from your mum.

Mama Dawg said...

Started with a bang, huh?

Anonymous said...

See that's what happens when you let the Americans in with their fast food. That wouldn't happen in a fish n chip shop!