Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 11, 2009

7 Years

Seven years ago I donned a white gown and walked down the aisle at St. Luke's Chapel (on the Medical University of South Carolina's campus) and married The Man.  


I was twenty one years old and I had no idea of where this one act would take me.  I just knew I was in love and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with The Man.  Looking back now, I wouldn't change a thing.  

So on my anniversary here is a list of things my marriage has had in store for me.  Starting from the beginning-
 - One big fat huge wedding.
-  One night at the Folly Beach Holiday Inn (where every room has a beach front view)
-  One honeymoon to the Bahamas
-  One military enlistment.
-  One transcontinental flight
-  Two beautiful children
-  Three states to be lived in (SC, TX, MO)
-  Two countries to be lived in (USA, UK)
-  10,000 disagreements
-  10,000 make ups
-  500,000 inside jokes
-  1,000,0000 laughs
and more love than I could even try to quantify.  

Happy Anniversary to The Man.  May the next seven years have just as many laughs, inside jokes and love.  I love you (even if sometimes I am a pain in the ass and don't show it).

42 comments:

Princess Stupidhead said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Ian Newbold said...

Congrats.

We honeymooned in the Bahamas, loved it.

Bobby G said...

AWWWWWWW congrats girl! Whats up w/ no wedding pic though? Shame Shame

TBM said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your sweetie!

mo.stoneskin said...

Well done guys.

I'm a bit disappointed you didn't list the number of English pints you have had the pleasure of drinking...

Mom in High Heels said...

Happy anniversary! Now where are the photos of the very young bride and groom?

Michele said...

Happy Anniversary! May you have seventy eleven more.

Aunt Juicebox said...

Happy happy joy joy!

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! We love you!

LYN said...

happy Anniversary!!
Great post!!

Joanie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Cammie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!

Larkin said...

Happy Anniversary! I wish you many more.

for a different kind of girl said...

Such a great post! Happy anniversary to you and The Man. Hope you get to enjoy some time together.

OhCaptain said...

Happy Anniversary!

Mama Dawg said...

Happy Anniversary!

Lisa said...

Congrats! We'll be married 7 years this November. I hope you have 70 more!

Lola said...

Yay! Lucky number seven!

ChurchPunkMom said...

Happy Anniversary!

What a purdy church. :)

Reinventing Dad said...

Congratulations Kat to you and The Man! I agree with Bobby G...where's the wedding pic?

Cameron said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Carolyn...Online said...

Happy Aniversary! Don't get itchy.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Can't disagree with that math!
Happy anniversary!

Together We Save said...

Happy Anniversary. Congrats!

Jen said...

What a cool way to remember your marriage. Happy Anniversary.

Peggy said...

Wow! You got married young! Good for you! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Awww so sweet! Happy Anniversary!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Sweet. Happy Anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Aw, so sweet! Hope you're doing something fun to celebrate :-)

You really need to see "Two Days in Paris" for the line at the end...

Captain Dumbass said...

Happy Anniversary, Bungalow.

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like it has been quite an adventure thus far, with a lot more fun to come!

Cape Cod Gal said...

How very awesome! Congrads!

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Happy Happy Happy Anniversary! You two sound like a match made in heaven!! Enjoy!

Everyday Goddess said...

OMG, I love that! You are one great Mrs.

I am happy for you both. I love happily ever afters.

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Wishing you a very Happy Anniversary and here's to many, many more! Congratulations!

Mitzy said...

Awww... Happy Anniversary! And heres to many more to come!

Ahahgshene said...

awwww congrats!!!

Badass Geek said...

Happy Anniversary!

Seven years is an accomplishment. The Boss and I have made it about 3 years... and she hasn't killed me just yet.

Eastern Reflections said...

Hmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmmm......I still remember the wedding food :-p Good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a big fat huge celebration - congratulations.

Expat No. 3699 said...

Belated Happy Anniversary!!!