Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 18, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts-Even I Don't Know Where I am Going with This One

Strap yourselves in, we're in for a bumpy ride.  It is Tuesday *cue dramatic music* and you guys know what that means *Big Echoey Voice* time for Tuesday Random Thoughts!  You guys can thank Keely the UnMom for this, my lovely bit of neurosis for the week.

randomtuesday

Now, lets get started.  On Monday my husband and I decided that they need to enact a DVLA (British DMV) close to the bases for stupid Americans (us) who are trying to renew their road tax.  Yes, I know we can go renew at the post office, but not if the guy you bought the car from didn't do the paperwork correctly.  Now we can't get our road tax disk for the next 2-4 weeks. Awesome.

As I was going to bed last night LaLa woke up and I thought she was having an asthma attack.  She was doing this really croupy cough.  It sounded like she was having a hard time to breath so I stuck her in the car and was going to take her to the ER on base.  By the time we got there she had calmed down and quit with the cough.  I decided to skip the ER and keep her home today.  Today she is perfectly fine.  She should have gone to school.

My mom sent me a bunch of pictures from my Granny's surprise birthday party.  Four of my Gran's five sisters came down from North Carolina and hid at my Aunts house.  My Mom tricked my Gran into thinking they were going to pick up my Aunt and go antique hunting.  When they got there my Gran's sisters surprised her.  Needless to say they did not go antiquing, they became the ladies who lunch and then go site seeing in Charleston, SC.  Mom said Gran was stunned speechless, and that NEVER happens.  Gran said it was one of her best birthdays ever.

Yesterday I witnessed the best melt down by a 5 year old E.V.E.R.  I would tell you more, but it is going to be my guest post for Mama Dawg, while she is down at Disney.  

I got Twitter back.  It is like crack.  I just don't sit on it as much as before. 

My kids are walking around in costumes from Halloweens past.  KiKi is in a bee costume.  LaLa is in a unicorn costume.  These costumes were originally LaLas costumes from when she was a year old and 2 years old.  I have no idea how they can still get them to semi somewhat fit.  A picture might be in order for this one. 




Ok, I think I am done now.  Carry on.




31 comments:

Ginny Marie said...

Oh, cute picture!

It sounds like your Gran had an awesome birthday! I'm not usually a fan of surprise parties, but that sounds like an exception! I would love it if my sisters came to surprise me for my birthday.

Chairman Bill said...

That was disappointing - I thought your Twitter said, "Some Randy Tuesday Thoughts."

Oh well.

Not sure if it's happening to you, but my blog flips between today's and yesterday's posts when I refresh the page.

I am Harriet said...

Twitter can definitely be like crack. Which is why I'm not on there much any more.

Badass Geek said...

So unicorns DO exist.

Captain Dumbass said...

What's a road tax? Stop talking like them!

Logical Libby said...

That's how I look when I've forgotten to do laundry...

GreenJello said...

What a wonderful surprise for your Gran! Truly, a birthday present like no other. :)

Lisa said...

Very cute picture. Thanks for the FYI last night that LaLa was OK, I was just sitting there like: Ok, GO! There was nothing to feel bad about. ;)

I totally followed your random today... talk to ya later girlie!

Keely said...

That unicorn costume is looking awfully stretched out...

Where did you get the big echoey voice? He never shows up at my place.

Mom in High Heels said...

That pic is awesome. Great randomness!

Heather said...

Loved the picture...the expression on your daugheter's, the bee, face is priceless.

Season said...

Super cute pic! And, I love that your Gran was surprised and had a great birthday... that makes me smile :) I've never heard of road tax, but it must stink!

Anonymous said...

Not helping convince me that I should get a car...

Glad LaLa's feeling better. You must have been exhausted this morning trying to wake up! I lounged in bed til 10 (had to teach at 2) NAUGHTY ME. Should be working now instead of reading your randomness...

Reinvent Dad said...

I don't know how you can learn all those British laws! I can't keep up with the ones here in the states. Oh, we too have costumes from Halloweens past lying around. Seems like the kids enjoy combining Halloween with other holidays.

Jenni said...

what a sweet surprise for your gran. i'm all misty!

and the costumes? hilarious!

blissfully caffeinated said...

I saw that you tried to give up Twitter. I don't blame you. It's like crack. For internet whores. Like me.

Bama Cheryl said...

It could still have been an asthma attack but getting her out into the cool night air probably relaxed her lungs enough to let her breathe. Our granddaughter (with her mom, our daughter) went through the same thing. By the time they got to emergency, all they had was a nice fat emergency room bill. Hope she's feeling better. The picture is adorable!

Sprite's Keeper said...

And I never thought I would find a bee cuter than Steenky..
Please don't tell Steenky I said that!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Those pictures are hilarious, my kids do that all the time.. I have an awesome photo somewhere of the two of them in ill fitting buzz and woody costumes that I now feel the urge to dig up!

re: croup - they always say that getting them out in the night air helps the swelling of the breathing passages, so often parents get to the ER with a fully recovered kid. Be warned, it will probably come back tonight. Just take her outside and hopefully it will pass quickly. I hate croup.

totally agree on twitter crack - I'll have to look you up to follow!

Jacquie

Anonymous said...

I think it's just wrong when people throw surprise parties for the elderly. what if they have a heart attack?! :)

The Stiletto Mom said...

I am in love with that picture and want to hug it!!!

Mike said...

I just don't get the Twitter thing? Is it really that fun? It looks boring to me.

for a different kind of girl said...

Those are some adorable girls! I'm glad to see that unicorns and bumble bees can live together in harmony!

Welcome back to Twitter, btw. Your resolve was impressive while it lasted! ;)

Artsnark said...

twitter, birthdays & unicorns - just need some rainbows !!

Frogs in my formula said...

That's a unicorn costume? I mean, of course, she's a unicorn. Too cute.

Sammanthia said...

That is the cutest picture EVAH! I love that they still fit.

Jenny Grace said...

I think it's great that so many people in your Grandmother's generation are still around!

Cape Cod Gal said...

I wish I could wear my old Halloween costumes!

Cameron said...

I wish Cape Cod Gal would wear an old costume...and post photos ;)

My kids still wear old costumes...my daughter HAD TO BE a piggy in the mud last year.

Happy RTT!

♥ Braja said...

At least when you go the DMV you can find a Starbucks afterwards...

What?

That's important...

zipbagofbones said...

Oh god, the unicorn is cracking me up. I can't wait to hear the tantrum story. Those are the best, especially for those us of who remain childless, and therefore, judgey. Happy week!