Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 4, 2011

Dear So and So...A Very Late Edition

Dear Everyone!

Sorry DSS (Dear So and So...not Department of Social Services) is up late today. I had a really busy morning today. I took the kids to school, met Liz in Ely for coffee (and a scone with jam and clotted cream)(I have a feeling WeightWatchers is not going to be happy with me on Tuesday), then came home and weeded my garden for the first times since.....September....yeah it took a bit of work. Don't worry though, I haven't forgotten you!

Love, Kat
-------------------

Dear Almonry in Ely,

Oh how I love your scones. Oh how my waistline hates them. They are so lovely though!

Mmmmm, Kat
------------------

Dear LaLa,

My iPad, not yours. I don't care if your strawberries have wilted on your Smurfs game, I have important things to do on my iPad, like Twittering and Facebooking. Sorry, you'll just have to wait until I am finished.

Love, Mom
------------------

Dear Michelle and Karin,

I had such a great time with you on Wednesday! Lunch was divine, the conversation flowed, the drive to back to Ely was exhilarating (probably not for a good reason)(maybe one shouldn't drive 60 mph down bumpy farm roads in order to make it to the train station on time)(not that I would ever do that *cough*). I can't wait until we can meet up again!

Love, Kat
----------------

Dear LaLa (again),

Throwing ones self down on the floor in a full fledged temper tantrum because their favorite shirt is in the wash is not acceptable. It is especially frowned upon when Daddy is trying to sleep so he can go to work that night. When I tell you to go to your room until you are calmed down, it isn't for my good, it's for your own good. Make sure you close the door too. Daddy can be a real grump when he is woken up a few hours before he actually needs to wake up.

Love, Mom
------------------

Dear Sam Kitty,

This thing you do at 4am where you scratch my open bedroom door causing it to bump against the wall has got to stop. I know you are doing it because you want to be let outside, but really, you should probably stay inside until morning. I know, I know, I have encouraged this behavior by letting you out when you do this (actually one night chasing you about the house as you thought it was a game, catching you and then tossing you outside), but really can you please stop?

Sleep Deprived Enough Already, Kat
----------------

Dear Readers,

Have a lovely weekend. Please link up if you have letters! Sorry this was put up so late today.

Love, Kat
--------------------

8 comments:

The Broad said...

Dear Kat,
I love your blog and especially the letters. They always make me smile and feel good about life. Have a glorious cheery weekend.
Virtually happy,
The Broad

How I Like My Coffee said...

I love dear so and so, I keep meaning to do one to add..maybe today..(must try harder)

Bree said...

I hear you on the kids throwing tantrums and demanding items that they borrow! Hope it gets better! Have a great weekend! :)

Captain Dumbass said...

You have an iPad now? Hate you, and my mother who also has one while I still don't.

*pouting*

Megan said...

I really like "Dear So and So" :)

An iPad sounds fun! I can see children having fun with that. That Smurfs game sounds like it would be entertaining lol :)

Michelle Reeves - Bod for tea said...

I am the only person in the world who doesn't have an iPad? Oh, sorry just read your comments. It's me and Captain Dumbass :D Great letters again x

PippaD said...

I thought you said you peed in the garden... ROFL I think I might need glasses!

Katie said...

Hi! Im new to your blog & I can't wait to join in the Dear So & So! After a trip to London today I have SO many in my head already!

Nice to meet you!

Kate x