Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It Amazes Me

I don't know what it is but KiKi has this amazing ability to absolutely never put her hands out in front of her when she falls. Trip, fall, face plant on the ground. One of these days you would think that she would eventually get her hands out in front of her to break her fall. Of all the injuries she has had I bet about 85% of them have been her busting her lip. So today when we got back from buying a little run around car (read beater) for The Man to drive back and forth to work, I shouldn't have been surprised when the first thing KiKi does is slip on the ice in the driveway and face plant on the cement. Blood coming from her lip she starts crying, but instead of whining about her lip, the first thing she says to me is "Hungry". Glad your OK kid and that a ham and cheese sandwich can fix all your problems.

As for the run around car, we just got a little Fiat. Or as I like to call them Fix It Again Tony. Bought it for 500 pounds or $745. Runs good, only minor body dinks and the radio isn't tuning in right (I figure The Man can sing to himself). We needed a second car because of the crazy shifts he is working and I can't be carless with LaLa in school. Although the school is within walking distance (about half a mile), it is freezing outside and it would not be a fun walk with KiKi in tow. I am sure we would have many more busted lips if we had to walk to school all winter.

22 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

Fix it Again Tony? Oh, that is classic!!!

Badass Geek said...

A ha! So it's not just me!

Cape Cod Gal said...

Ah! A girl after my own heart! But, I usually require a cheeseburger after a tragic accident.

Michelle said...

It may be alucky thing she doesn't catch herself. When I was a kid I fell while roller skating, caught myself and fractured my wrist. I should have just landed on my face lol

Ron said...

KiKi sounds like Avery who is a master at tripping over the cracks in linoleum.

Mama Dawg said...

At least she's learning to shake it off.

Cameron said...

Did you say ham and cheese?

Mmmmm.

Anyways, I hear ya. My girl does pretty good at sticking the landing, but the boy, he's had more knots on his forehead, more cuts and scrapes than we can count.

Irish Gumbo said...

Maybe a big helmet with a mouth guard, and a built in radio.

Whenever I do that, it usually requires some "liquid courage", fixes things right up! Hic!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Just fill your fridge with popcicles. Numbs the pain, reduces the swelling, is a sweet treat, AND is great lipstick!

Ellie

zipbagofbones said...

Poor little lip buster :( She'll figure it out someday, hopefully. Hey - lots of women pay good money for their lips to look like that!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love a beater! Wait...that didn't sound quite right. heh heh :D

Thanks for missing me! *bloggy hugs*

Jen said...

I have one like that too. He is the clumsiest of the kids and insists on climbing on everything.

Jenny Grace said...

I drove a Ford for years.

Fucker Only Rolls Downhill.

Fix Or Repair Daily.

Unknown said...

Damn, if I had known that about the ham and cheese, I would have done that when the boy cut his finger.

P.S. Let me know where you want me to send your interview questions.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I thought that was how Angelina got her lips, being klutzy as a kid... no?

Jamie said...

Fiat - Fix it again Tony, Funny stuff.

Ham and cheese, yummy! Now I am hungry!

Anonymous said...

Rye scratched himself today with a dvd case and needed 3 kisses and a band-aid. Sheesh.

for a different kind of girl said...

Gah! I hope it doesn't take a broken bone or stitches before she thinks about stopping herself!

:)

ChurchPunkMom said...

My second child had an amazing talent for landing on his forehead.. that boy had more goose eggs than a geriatric goose hen!

rachael chatoor said...

Haha, I remember when I was a kid, sitting in the emergency room getting stitched up on my forehead, and hearing my parents say behind me, God she only ever falls on her FACE, she is going to be full of scars when she grows up.

I got stitches 8 times all of them on my face. :)

Captain Dumbass said...

Body dinks? I'll leave it at that.

Kiki has a taste for blood? Watch your back.

Anonymous said...

My son swears the walls jump out at him.......