Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 19, 2008

England Stuff

The house that I fell in love with in England has been rented. Dangit! I found a different house 2 days ago that I am even more in love with. Woohoo!! It is a 500 year old house with modern upgrades of course. No heating water over the fire for baths for me I say! I contacted the real estate agent in England today to inquire more about the house. She couldn't find the information for it, so I am waiting for her to call me back. I am trying to be patient. It isn't working. Could you be patient if you saw a house that you knew was perfect for you? Look at it, it is a thing of beauty.
I love that roof. Covered with moss. Big driveway with lots of parking. The part of the house that is off to the side on the right is a guest wing. It has a bedroom and an en suite bathroom. Look at the big window in the front. Beautiful.


Big Kitchen. I love the dark wood and exposed beams. Stainless steel appliances. Heaven.

Living room. Look at that big open fireplace. More exposed beams. Not loving the carpet, but see the rug, that is what rugs are for. Now call me back Ms. Real Estate Agent!!

Other things that are related to the move are that "the man" should have orders in hand next week. This clears us to do the rest of the stuff we need to do to move. We will be able to get our visas, schedule the movers, schedule the plane tickets, basically we will get to find out when exactly we are moving. Right now we are kind of living in limbo with the date of "mid-November" for our move date. I know we are going to have to live in TLF (temp lodging on base) for a week to 10 days. I hope it has wi-fi. If it doesn't I will be walking (because we won't have a car by that time) over to the main base hotel to their lobby for internet access.

Today my chore is to go through my cabinets and closets and find all things that are not going to England. I haven't decided if I am going to have a yard sale or just donate everything to charity. By the way does anyone know someone who needs a used washer and dryer? Ours isn't compatible over in England..and there isn't space in the houses across the pond for American appliances anyway.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you'll have a hard time getting rid of a washer/dryer set on base. There's almost always a young PFC or SPC couple in need.

I am so jealous. I'd love to go to England. :(

Captain Dumbass said...

You're so lucky. I'd love to go back to England. And maybe see it sober this time. Hey, I was 21.

Anonymous said...

Ugh! <---- Sound of me being jealous! Wow! That place is awesome! You MUST let us know if you get it. Jealous me!
Captain dumbass...I highly recommend being in England sober. Plus...if you go back sober in your 40's it's kind of like being drunk because jet lag is just damned bizarre at a different age.

steenky bee said...

That house looks lovely. I hope your agent has called by now. I'm getting all uptight for you just thinking about the move. What an adventure though!

Lola said...

Great house! Is there any way to put a hold on it? It's all very exciting, even though it must be a lot of work. Ahh, have a yard sale!

Unknown said...

Kat - you'd better be ready for a general 'downsizinb' feel about life! Everything in England is smaller, from the cars, roads, food portions, homes, gardens...sadly the costs are higher though! Go figure!