Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday MeMe

I don't normally post on Saturday, but I got tagged by Heather for a MeMe yesterday. Since my weekend plans are shot due to "the man" being laid up in bed, I figured what the heck. It is only 8:40 a.m., I am not quite awake and I am listening to Spongebob in the background so this post might take a little while. Here are the rules:

1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

1.) I generally don't get along with other women. It isn't that I don't have women friends, it is just harder for me to become close friends with girls because I know how catty they are. Men are so much easier to get along with because I can read them easier. I think this is because I grew up with a brother.

2.) I have one toenail that is half tan half white. It looks like a birthmark, but I have no idea what caused it. This is why I keep my toenails painted. My favorite shade of polish is OPI "I'm really not a Waitress" red.

3.) I don't like to cuddle. I am not a snuggler. When I am sleeping I don't like to be touched. This drives my husband batty cause he likes to cuddle, snuggle and crush me while I am sleeping. I really feel like I am being crushed. It is seriously hard for me to breath if anyone is touching me while I am trying to sleep.

4.) I have naturally curly hair, but a lot of people don't know that because I keep my hair straightened. If I don't straighten my hair, I throw it up in a ponytail. It takes me 2
0 min to straighten my hair in the morning, but it is soooo worth it.

5.) I might have Seasonal Affect Disorder, but I won't go get it diagnosed. During the winter I am extremely moody. Lack of sunlight is a bitch.

6.) I think my hometown is the most beautiful city in the world. London and Paris have nothing on Charleston, SC.

Lets see... now I have to tag some people. I tag Captain Dumbass, Middle Aged Woman, Dan, Slick, Honeywine and Jen.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I was waiting for this one to come around! :)

Captain Dumbass said...

Ok, I'm all over this, but I have to wake up first. Insomnia had me by the ass last night and wouldn't let go. Also, I have to take a child in for their first dentist appointment today so maybe I'll do this afterwards, sitting in front of my computer. Bleeding.

steenky bee said...

Done! Thanks for including me. I'm not a cuddler either. I totally feel you in that one...but not too close!

HeatherPride said...

Glad you stopped by the Short Bus! Nice to meet you!

I work with a group of men and I have to say I like it that way most of the time. I can be blunt without fear of hurting their feelings and never have to worry about them gossiping about me!

Heather said...

I wish I could straighten my hair. Maybe if it was shorter. I can't detangle it long enough to get the flat iron through it and when I do, it looks straigher but frizzier. =( I don't know how my daughter does it every day either.

Lola said...

It's funny, but I can snuggle with my son and my dog while sleeping but not the husband. Granted, he's a giant man who throws way too much heat.

I would like to trust women, but I know better. I have one friend who I can really hang out with and not worry that she's going to repeat everything I tell her. Otherwise, I keep it pretty surface with the ladies. I'm more like a guy anyway.

I'm a cranky bitch in the winters usually. Last winter, I started skiing again, and that helped a lot, because I was just getting out and doing something physical. I hope it's another "ski" winter.

Anonymous said...

I had to comment cuz you mentioned OPI "I'm not Really a Waitress" I found this shade on my 21st bday (i'm 27 now) and thought it was hilarious cuz I really WAS a waitress back then. I still wear it often.

Honewine tagged me w/ your meme so I'm off to do it now

Anonymous said...

The woman comment. I can relate. Most of the friends I have are guys. The # of female friends I have I consider close I can count on one hand. And a couple of those are starting to get on my nerves with their high maintenance/high-strung behavior as of late. I was never a girly girl anyways. When I would get ready to go out with other girls they would spend half an hour to an hour putting on make-up, touching up hair, and changing clothing....the most I put on is lip gloss and some mascara, and that is with reluctance, HA! And also, I enjoy working with men than women. The cattiness is really sad.

I commiserate with the frizzy/curly hair syndrome. You definitely know about my ordeal. I like it nice and straight :-D

Anonymous said...

Oh and...to conclude....the more I travel the more I love Charleston and believe it is the most beautiful city of all :-)