Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dear So and So...Hope Your Weekend is Reasonable

It's Friday! Dear So and So time or as I like to think of it, time to say exactly all the thing that I have wanted to say all week. It really is cathartic.

Dear Radio 2 Presenter Simon Mayo,

You made me laugh so hard last night. For once I have the perfect example of the British understatement. While I was driving home you said "I hope you had a reasonable Thursday" and I seriously laughed so hard it made my belly hurt. It wasn't "had a great Thursday" or "a wonderful Thursday" but "reasonable". We wouldn't want to have too much fun now would we? A reasonable day is all we need. Any more than reasonable would be overkill.

Thanks for making my evening, Kat
---------------------

Dear Weight Watchers,

Yeah a I caved and joined your weight loss program. You better keep up your end of the bargain because I am gonna keep up mine.

Hopefully, Kat
--------------------

Dear Darling Husband of Mine,

Changing the words of Justin Beiber's song "Baby" to "gravy" actually does make the song a bit more tolerable. *sings* Gravy, gravy, gravy, oooooo! Gravy, gravy, gravy, ooooooo!

Thanks for that, Kat
--------------------

Dear Primetime TV,

Could we please start playing the good stuff promptly at 8pm? I have been having one too many late nights lately and I am too darn stubborn to record the shows I like. From now on I would like all the good shows to be over by 10pm. K thanks.

Zzzzzzz, Kat
----------------------

Dear Willpower,

Good job these past 2 days. I am impressed.

Love, Kat
-----------------------

Dear Sam Kitty,

Quit laughing! It really wasn't THAT funny when you tried to run inside the house with a dead mouse in your mouth. In fact, if you don't quit doing that crap I am going to have to restrict you to the house. How do you like THAT bag of apples, eh?

Love That Human That Gives You Proper Kitty Food, Kat
--------------------

Dear Readers,

You know the drill. If you have letters of your own, please link up!

Love You Guys Forever and Ever!, Kat

PS- Have a reasonable weekend.
--------------------

24 comments:

Lauren Jackson said...

Reasonable is very English, But it's also good to say for a Thursday, it's a reasonable day - nothing much goes on. Friday on the other hand, I hope it's more than reasonable:)
I like Simon Mayo - he makes me laugh too.

@cosmicgirlie said...

DAMMIT KAT!! Now I have gravy stuck in my head.

*Gravy gravy gravy oooooohhh! Gravy gravy gravy OOOHHHHH!!!!*

Hannah said...

Just added my very first Dear So and So - it's very therapeutic writing these!

Accidentally added my link twice, sorry! *fail*

JallieDaddy said...

I love British understatement! 1 of the things I most love about this country, actually (I wasn't born here either). I use to love Mayo's Radio 1 breakfast show

I must take issue with you about Bieber tho: have you heard the expression "polishing a turd"?. I've only ever heard a few seconds of him, & that was an eternity too much. ;)Sorry...


I hope your weekend is not only reasonable, but entirely reasonable :)

Garret said...

Dear so and so rocks!

Mom in High Heels said...

I LOVE the Brits. Reasonable. That is sheer awesomeness.

Muddling Along said...

That 'reasonable Thursday' thing has made my afternoon materially better :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Dear so and so feel better already...

Jean said...

Justin Bieber.....arrrgghhhhhh!

Eileen said...

I have contemplated letting my cat be indoor/outdoor. That is the main reason I am holding back. Mice. *shudders*

Captain Dumbass said...

Mmmm, gravy.

Jenn said...

I love your dear Willpower one! LOVE IT!

Amy said...

As we are in movie awards season, I love it when Brits win Oscars, etc. and end their reasonably understated acceptance speeches with "Thank you very much, indeed".

Unknown said...

I'm not going to be able to listen to Justin Bieber (not that I do!!!!!) without thinking of gravy now.

Thanks for the link up, I found it very therapeutic indeed

carole said...

Hi Kat have joined in your 'Dear so and so' for the first time this week, I think it's a great Idea.

Good luck on the diet I too am following the Weight Watchers Diet and am on my 4th week - I have blogged about it. If you need any support or encouragement I am here, just shout!

Carole x

Inside the Wendy House said...

It's my first week and I am enjoying spilling out all my angst in letter form!! xxx

Christina said...

I'm a day late! It'smy first Dear So and So link up! I had some stuff to vent about!

cakeandtea said...

Have just added my post! Here's hoping for a tolerable Sunday, and acceptable week to come! x

fran said...

Just discovered your blog and this is a fab meme. xxx

QWERTY Mum said...

very much enjoyed joining in, thank you xx
QWERTY Mum

mama-andmore said...

Brilliant idea this! Just discovered your blog, and have to say the word "reasonable" makes me shudder, has to be one of my alltime least favourite words; however loving the Justin Beiber gravy, and good luck with Weight Watchers - release the slender inner you! I'm off to post my first Dear So and Sos (although may be challenged with the widget)

Anonymous said...

That version of the bieber song is awesome - you need to listen to the rest of the Chris Moyles parody!
My first dear so & so, maybe a little tame...but i'll warm up!

Kerry said...

Oh good luck with Weight Watchers I hope that you do well xx

Millie D said...

so funny, glad I found your blog,
Millie