Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

RTT- I Can't Think Of a Title So You're Just Gonna Have to Deal With It

Alright everyone it is Tuesday. Which means it is time for some Random Tuesday Thoughts! Strap on your big girl (or boy-we don't discriminate round here) pants and enjoy my therapy session for the week. Oh and head on over to Keely's place, grab the pretty purple button and play along. Don't forget to leave your link over there so I can read your therapy session as well.

randomtuesday


So is it weird that when I was talking to my mom and she mentioned United Airlines, I remembered that they used to sponsor the Oprah show. You know, like back when she was like Diet Jerry Springer (man hating, KKK having on, air your family dirty laundry but don't get into fist fights ya'll Oprah). Pre gag me with a spoon philanthropist Oprah*. Yeah.....

Got a tour of KiKi's new nursery school. It is a couple of hundred year old farm house that has been renovated to accommodate a school. It is still a working (now organic) farm. The kids get to help with the animals (ponies, alpacas, goats, ducks) and learn to plant veggies as part of the curriculum. So basically it is like a forced labor camp that also teaches your children their colors and alphabet. No really it is really nice and the staff is really friendly. Plus, it teaches kids responsibility, which I am all about. Plus it is literally a two minute walk from my house.

Apparently summer in England means flies ga-freakin-lore! Of course this makes for hours of entertainment watching Sam Kitty and Elizabeast chasing the flies. O! I think Sam just got one. He is totally eating it! Grody!

I just spent 10 minutes looking at the wikipedia entry for "valley girl" because I used the word grody. Seriously. Welcome into my head people...

So my nose is on this mission to slowly kill me. Not kill me all at once, because that would be way too convenient. No it has decided to post nasal drip me to death, at night, when nobody is paying attention to it. Everyone except me, the one who only got 4 hours of sleep last night.

LaLa got up this morning and made a hullabaloo about having to wear jeans to Vacation Bible School, so I told her "You can either wear jeans to VBS or I can go back to sleep. Your choice." She wore jeans. Oh ya, did I mention that it is chilly enough here in AUGUST to wear jeans? Usually in August I am just trying to catch my breath from the stifling heat of Missouri or S. Carolina; not yelling at my kids to wear jeans so they don't freeze their bean pole bootays off.

Anyhoo, I think I am done for the day. I am gonna try to catch a nap before I have to go pick up La from VBS; which actually means I will lay here and be further assaulted by my allergies. Post nasal drip, ewwww gag me with a spoon!











40 comments:

Jan said...

Oh, dear gawd...Valley Girls. I was in my early 20s when they were popular.

Okay, it's official. I'm old.

Cammie said...

you said gag me with a spoon.
that is like so totally rad

I am Harriet said...

I know what you mean about the nose not working with ya. I've got some killer allergies going on myself.

Joanie said...

I'm getting flashbacks of big hair, leg warmers and Madonna. Stop it!

Post nasal drip.... that's my world! I had bronchitis in FEBRUARY and the PND finally stopped about 2 weeks ago. At times I felt like I was coughing up a lung. What? You're the only one who can gross people out?

I stopped watching Oprah when she started to run the world.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Nursery school at a working (organic) farm...how cool is that? And a two-minute walk from your house? Bonus! :)

I love that you give you daughter a 'choice' like I do...Princess Nagger would have worn jeans, too. ;)

Badass Geek said...

I haven't heard the "gag me with a spoon" phrase in entirely too long.

Cajoh said...

If a fly ever gets in our house our dog decides that it is time to get it. You can just see him weaving his head then taking the occasional snap at the air— Quite funny I must say.

Wasn't that Moon Unit Zappa who sung that song Valley Girls, I forget.

Most Excellent Randomness!

Mama Dawg said...

Grody. Man, I haven't heard that word in AGES.

Grody...heh, heh.

Anonymous said...

Guests of the Oprah show also stay at the Omni hotel. That stuck with me, so I stayed there a few trips to Chicago ago and I loved it.

Larkin said...

Like, oh my God, I am totally going to be, like, using that word today. Grody. That is like, so cool.

Michele said...

Kiki's school sound terrific. Think they send her home with veggies as pay? I could come over and whip something up.

Flys are entertainment and a delicacy for my dog. The cat goes for the slow moving spiders. He's not too bright.

Jess said...

Loved the valley girl bit...totally hilarious! I do the same damn thing! Love the Wiki! How about it is going to be 115 (with heat index) here tomorrow. I can honestly say, I will take it over bone chilling cold any day!

Casey said...

I wish it were cold enough here to wear jeans. That nursery school sounds wicked awesome. I used the phrase "wicked awesome" to try to bring out some of my valley girlness.

Suzy said...

It's been a cooler than normal summer here as well. So much for all that Global Warming crap. It's not happening at my house.

Sounds like a major score on the school. And being so close to home is just the icing on the cake.

Oprah = Gag me with a spoon.

Valley Girl = I lived in the L.A. area back in the Valley Girl days so guess you can say "I lived The Dream". Like Omigod! I'm so bitchin' old.

Ciao!

Expat No. 3699 said...

That school sounds totally awesome, dude.

Jenni said...

i remember that oprah. i refer to her as fat oprah.

and the school sounds great!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Grody? What the hell? Quick, someone tell me what decade I'm in! Or century! :-)

Unknown said...

Ever try a Neddi pot for those allergies?

Anonymous said...

The nursery school does sound nice Kat. Unlike a lot of kids they might actually learn that not all food comes from a box.

I saw where someone mentioned a Neti pot. I got one of those (saw it on Oprah, ha!)and it doesn't work if you have got a lot of crap in your sinuses and they're blocked. An easy way to get water on the brain!

Katherine said...

I went camping last weekend and wore jeans for most of the trip. I live in Missouri. Everyone was talking about how "cool" it was outside for July. I even had to move closer to the fire because it was so cold. Crazy.

The Stiletto Mom said...

If you needed schooling on Valley Girls, you should have pinged me. I was TOTALLLY a val in the 80's. The school sounds amazing, your allergies...not so much. :)

Bobby G said...

UM You gave her the CHOICE to NOT go to VBS? She didnt take it? WOW!!! I was doing everything I COULD to get out! lol I also hate Oprah, I liked fat smutty Oprah too!

Captain Dumbass said...

Educational labour camp? I like it. My allergies are back on my ass again. Wait... that didn't sound right.

for a different kind of girl said...

as one who can get sucked into the powers of YouTube (why, hello, wedding entrance videos!) and lose all track of time, I completely understand how you can succumb to the powers of the valley girl entry on wiki!

Liz Mays said...

The nursery school setting is pretty darn cool. I liked Oprah back then too but when she took her turn to all the self-help crap, I tuned out. I'm all in favor of non-educating myself.

SuperJenn said...

That school sounds great...I have yet to sign B up for class...which means I won't get him in by the time baby #3 arrives...I am my own undoing. *Sigh* I would LOVE to have one near me like you described.

Hope you got a nap...I, sadly, did not.

Ms. Salti said...

Grody? I haven't heard anyone use than in forever. It's popped into my head a few times, but I've been too embarrassed to say it out loud!

Hope y'all warm up and the post-nasal drip gives you a break!

MediMonsters said...

What a cool nursery school!!

**sudden flashback to the 80s there** taking a deep breath now...ok, now I'm good.

Sorry about your nose!

Happy RTT

MediMonsters said...

What a cool nursery school!!

**sudden flashback to the 80s there** taking a deep breath now...ok, now I'm good.

Sorry about your nose!

Happy RTT

Mike said...

Most people don't remember that Oprah really ripped off phil Donahue, she went after the oddballs and out weirded him! Valley Girl was a great movie! LOL!

Artsnark said...

Fer shur! Your RTT is so Bitchen - Totally

Keely said...

omg, my child would LOVE that daycare. I wish someone would start a labour camp for toddlers around HERE.

And gag me with a spoon...sideways? About your post nasal drip. Blech.

A said...

I love being in your head during RTTs Kat! :D

I wasn't sure I knew what post nasal drip was, I knew it had something to do with the nose, but that's about it, so I googled it, and, eww! LOL :D

Happy Tuesday Kat! :D

Anonymous said...

try alavert, its AHHH-MAZING! :)

Brandi said...

This is the first time i have been to your blog...and this post cracked me up! I'll be returning!

Kimberly Wright said...

Gag me with a spoon!

Excellent RTT.

Cape Cod Gal said...

Ugh! Bible school! I would have gone back to bed!

Unknown said...

I think I am most surprised that there is a wikipedia entry for valley girl. Am I the only one who remember Nicholas Cage in that movie???

Anonymous said...

That school sounds amazing! Can I go there?

My friends just went on vacay to England and they were staying with friends and they went out for the day and left the window open in their guest room and when they got back they said there were so many flies they didn't know what to do and were trying to shoo them out the window but they inevitably took over the apartment and the host kept saying 'where are these flies coming from' and they kept saying 'oh, i don't know....'

Aunt Juicebox said...

I totally want to go to farm preschool! Dude, that rawks!