Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bursting With Pride

I was blessed with two children with two very different personalities. La, who my oldest, is sweet, sensitive, high maintenance, and bursting with energy (ALL the time). KiKi, the younger one is laid back, kind, pensive, and very generous. The both have qualities that I love in small children. They are not perfect either. Sometimes they have me so frustrated that I want to pull my hair out in clumps.

There are also moments that I have, like today, where my heart wants to burst of of my chest with the amount of pride I feel for my child. This morning I was dropping of KiKi at her nursery school on my way to church. The teacher was in the class buzzing about, greeting children, diffusing the small problems that each child had. Normal morning there. Then she stopped, turned to me and said "I just want to let you know what a joy it is to have KiKi in class. She is such a sweet child. She is so laid back and she shares with everyone. I just wanted you to know that."

It is just so nice to hear someone say that about your child.

This afternoon I have LaLa's parent consultation. Let's hope I get that feeling twice in one day. Cross your fingers, toes and touch wood.