Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

101 Things about Me for my 101st post...

yeah I know I was "supposed" to do this yesterday for my 100th post, but I was a little busy. Cut me a break. Hey plus I am gonna give you an extra random fact.
1. Birthdate Feb 24
2. That makes me 27 years old.
3. My natural hair color is brown.
4. My hair color now is red. (sorry mom)
5. I have 2 kids. LaLa is 4. KiKi is 2.
6. I have a cat, Sam, he is orange and white.
7. I have a dog, Elizabeth, she is a blond cocker spaniel.
8. My favorite color is pink.
9. I am not one of those people who will only wear their favorite color, or decorates their house in their favorite color.
10. I think those people are kinds weird and may need help. Sorry if you are one of those people.
11. My husband is in the Air Force. I don't let my husbands job define me like some Air Force Wives though.
12. I just finished my degree in Technical Management with an emphasis in Human Resources.
13. I left traditional college when I was 21 years old and only had about 36 hours of courses left.
14. My original degree was going to be International Business with a minor in Russian Studies.
15. I thought my mom was going to kill me when I left school.
16. I moved to Texas to be with my husband..that is why I left school.
17. I had every intention to go back to school when we moved to Missouri, but then I found out I was pregnant.
18. 2 kids later and I finally went back to school.
19. Now that we are in England I am going to have to get a "real" job and not be a stay at home mom anymore.
20. I feel guilty that I am going to have to put KiKi in daycare.
21. But I am excited that I am going to be able to have conversations with adults during the day.
22. I love my children, but I have little patience with other people kids...well except for my friends kids, usually.
23. I think this is because I used to work in a daycare.
24. I also have worked at an accounting office for a senile old man.
25. He fired me on my birthday because he needed someone full time in the office and I could only work part time because of school.
26. My best friend is, D.
27. She is the yin to my yang. When I freak out, she talks me back off the ledge.
28. My husband is also my best friend. He is a little OCD and apparently moving brings out the OCD in him. He lost 62 cents the other day, and he is still looking for it. "What if I lost it on the flight line and it got sucked up into the engine of a plane" This is what I am dealing with folks! LOL!
29. My favorite soda in the entire world is Cherry Coke Zero. They don't have that here in England.
30. I am totally bummed out that they don't have Cherry Coke Zero here...not even at the commissary.
31. I have switched to Diet Dr. Pepper, but it just isn't the same.
32. Man, I sound like a drug addict.
33. I get weirded out by people who start crying in front of me.
34. I am really not good with emotions.
35. I also am not a hugger.
36. I only hug my family and really good friends unless there is a circumstance where I am forced to hug someone or look like a complete jerk.
37. I talk to my mom and my granny almost every single day. They get worried if I don't call at least every other day.
38. If I don't call them, I get worried messages left on my voicemail saying things like "Kat, it's your granny, I haven't heard from you in a couple of days, call me back." or "Kat, it's your mom. Where are you?" Or I check my cell phone and I have 9 missed calls from my mom in the span of 4 hours.
39. My mom and granny both read this blog. They will probably deny #38. It is true though.
40. My favorite moment of the day is catching one of my kids in bed and getting to wake them up gently and cuddle with them. LaLa is especially good at this. Of course then she will whisper "Tickle Me" when we are cuddling and it makes me laugh every time.
41. I miss my friends back in Missouri and my friends back in Charleston.
42. I am grateful for the friends who stay in touch.
43. I believe that a new hair cut, a new pair of shoes or a new purse can fix almost any problem.
44. I am really glad I got a hair cut yesterday. It came at the perfect time.
45. I am not good at worrying about money BTW.
46. I don't think my daughter should get gypped out of a really special birthday just because her birthday is 3 days before Christmas.
47. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
48. I think gifts are secondary to being with family or friends that you love.
49. This is only going to be the 2nd Christmas that I will not be in Charleston for. It sucks big time.
50. I am also praying that I have my own furniture before Christmas. Actually that in itself just might be a Christmas miracle.
51. My favorite Christmas song is "Sweet Little Jesus Boy"
52. My favorite Christmas song used to be "Oh Holy Night" until this girl at church kept butchering it every year for like 5 years. My mom and I would sit in the pew and try not to laugh every year. My granny would shoot us evil eye. Hey, you guys have your Christmas/Holiday traditions, I have mine.
53. I kinda like being 5 hours ahead of the Eastern time zone now, because it lets me write my blog posts in more time. I can post by 3 pm GMT and still have by post up by 7am eastern time. Booyah!
54. I am really needing that time today because this 101 facts is really time consuming.
55. The last book I read was "The Christmas Sweater" by Glenn Beck. I think everyone should read it. It had me crying on the plane on the way over here. It isn't just a tired old story about Christmas.
56. It is really hard to cry quietly on a plane and not be noticed. I really didn't want to look like a nut job. I apologize to any fellow passengers on the plane who I may have offended or scared.
57. I love riding on planes. I hate the safety briefing though. I mean really, do they think that I am actually going to use that seat cushion as a floatation device.
58. When I see someone pass me on the highway at double the speed limit I feel angry at them and bad for them. I have actually said "When they wreck they better hope they die, because they won't want to live after wrecking at that speed."
59. I try not to go more than 5 mph over the speed limit.
60. I think that is because I have kids now and I am more careful with everything I do now.
61. Before I had kids, I was a speed demon.
62. I no longer feel the need for an adrenaline rush. I value my life a lot more now.
63. I do get angry at people who don't at least DO the speed limit though.
64. I always seem to get stuck behind this person, when I am running late no less.
65. Sometimes my husband is THAT person. He blames it on having to drive 15 MPH on the flight line.
66. My favorite material possession is my engagement ring.
67. I use my parents and my grandparents as my moral compasses. I often think about what they would think before I do things. I still dyed my hair red. Sorry Mom.
68. My eyes are green.
69. I feel compelled to write something naughty right here, but I won't. That would be so cliche'.
70. My dream vacation destinations are Greece and Russia.
71. I think I will get to Greece one day. I am no so sure about Russia.
72. My favorite saying I heard on Oprah. It is "Trying is failing with honor. Never try, just do it."
73. I hate watching Oprah.
74. Have I ever mentioned that I am a conservative?
75. I didn't vote this year.
76. I feel guilty about not voting. I don't think my vote would have made a difference. I feel guilty about the apathy I had towards voting this year. I really didn't like either candidate very much.
77. Have I ever mentioned that I am glad that I will be living in England for the next 4 years.
78. I am not pissed off that Barak Obama won. I just hope he does the best job he can. I think partisanship has torn the US apart.
79. I am not a fan of Housing Offices on Air Force Bases. They always prove to be a pain in the ass. It doesn't matter what base you are on.
80. Arbitrary rules piss me off.
81. Sometimes I need a time out.
82. I think I am a better driver than my husband. He begs to differ.
83. I can drive stick shift. Sorta. If I have to.
84. I think it is a good skill to have, just in case.
85. I know how to do a lot of things in theory, but have never actually done them.
86. For example. I know how to mow grass. I just have never done it. That is what dads, little brothers and husbands, and good friends are for.
87. I know how to change a tire, in theory. See #86 for the reason I have never done it and add friendly bystanders as another reason.
89. My dad is hillarious and befuddles me with his logic sometimes. Hi Dad.
90. I like to visit my parents at their offices. It is fun to meet their co-workers or talk to the ones I already know. Hi Sandy.
91. My favorite movies are Labrynth, the Princess Bride, Shawn of the Dead, Grandma's Boy, and Army of Darkness.
92. I hate the movie Baseketball with a passion.
93. I will walk out of the room if my husband is watching it.
94. I will also remind him that he will never get that 2 hours of his life back.
95. I do not think pajama pants are acceptable attire for grocery shopping. Ever.
96. I prefer to wear my hair down and straight, but sometimes my hair has other ideas and that is when I throw it up into a ponytail.
97. My hair is naturally curly.
98. My eating habits are questionable. Sometimes I skip meals and then other times I eat everything in sight that isn't nailed down all day.
99. I love my kids more than myself. You guys probably already knew that.
100. I can usually write a blog post in 20 min, though they usually aren't very good when I write that fast.
101. I hate when I try to be witty or funny and end up just looking stupid. It happens. A lot.

Ok I feel I have satisfied my obligation as a blogger to spill my 100 facts about me now. Feel free to comment or discuss amongst yourselves.

21 comments:

Badass Geek said...

Watching "Oprah" kind of makes me want to cut myself.

Anonymous said...

Yay 101 posts!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that was a lot to absorb! Ok, I love orange and find myself wearing it a lot (not on purpose), but I don't decorate my house in orange...well, maybe the occasional bouquet of orange flowers. Am I still a freak?!

Anonymous said...

Interesting list. Does 'drive stick shift' mean manual, as in without automatic? Just asking.

Also, being 5 hours ahead means your blogging buddies in the US aren't awake to comment on your fresh post.....and you're sleeping when they're publishing theirs, so you get to comment last.

Hope your stay in England is a blast.

Mama Dawg said...

I totally failed at the 100 post thing. I'm way beyond that now.

I love Labyrinth, too! One of my favs.

I also have green eyes!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Wow, I actually read all 101 facts! "O' Holy Night" is my favorite Christmas song, the other one being South Park's "A lonely Jew on Christmas".

steenky bee said...

Yay for you on your milestone! You cried on the plane. Aw, that made me a little misty eyed. Don't worry, I won't cry in front of you or try to hug you. I feel the exact same way about those two things. I love a new haircut. It makes the world just seem better.

Captain Dumbass said...

I don't think I did anything for my 100th and that was like... 600 posts ago.

You're picking up lots of English readers now. You're going to have to think about what you write now like I have to think about my American readers, ha! Even more blog fodder! You're so lucky.

Jen said...

Wow, I am so impressed when people do a post like this.

Jenny Grace said...

Congrats!

I don't think I even KNOW 101 things about me, so you win!

OhCaptain said...

This list of things I would watch Oprah over doing is much shorter then the list of things I like better then Oprah.

Cherry coke zero is perfect. You are correct Dt. Dr. Pepper ain't even close.

Shawn of the Dead is one of the funniest movies ever made. They threw records at the zombies. OMG!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 100 + 1. This is more than I know about people I talk to in real life. The wonders of blogs.

If you need that 62 cents, I can mail it to you surreptitiously and you can say, "all better."

Anonymous said...

I hate Oprah... the only time(s) I've watched it was the both times Tom Cruise was on. I didn't have to YouTube it... I was THERE, BABY! I think Tom Cruise is the universes way of apolozizing to us for Fabio and global warming.
I also wear my hair straight, with much help from a straightening iron. My hair in its natural state is just scary.
PS have my 100th post in two posts... I'm desperate. I may even us this comment for one of my things. Actually, I think this comment can buy me at least 4 things.

Auntie A said...

I FINALLY looked at your blog and
I won't saw a word about your favorite aunt not even making it to ANY of your 101 things. I still love you...don't make me tell them about one of your nicknames. Well maybe just one for now"raisen nose"
I still love you lots.
AA

Lola said...

Uh-oh, is 101 Things About Me one of those blog things you're supposed to do, because I missed it by a mile.

Are you a fellow Aquarian? I have no idea what the cutoff is, but my sister's is the 19th, and she makes it. Mine is the 5th.

Good job on your list, girl! That seemed like a lot of work.

Kat said...

Auntie A- That wasn't me, it was my brother! :P

Kat said...

Badass- Same. Seriously.

YaYa- No you are not a freak because you don't realize you are doing it. It is those who consciously make the decision that worry me.

splodge- Stick does indeed mean manual.

MD- You are officially cool now.

SK- That one is funny.

Steenky- See this is good info to have for those awkward coming off the plane meetings.

CD- I know I don't want to offend anyone by being a stupid American.

Jen- I think you could pull it off.

MG- I cheated and split things into multiple entries.

OhCaptain- You have no idea the level of disdain I have for Oprah.

Heinous- He finally quit looking for it. I bet I will hear about it one more time before we leave the hotel though.

Sam- Tom Cruise is nuttier than a fruitcake.

Lola- Pisces.

Anonymous said...

Thank You - I'm off to get my hair cut and coloured, buy some new shoes and handbag (that's what they are called over here!)and that's my problems solved for Christmas!

You think?

Anonymous said...

How was Thanksgiving for you being over here?

I'm assuming there are other Americans living near the base and you might have had some kind of celebration.

We have very boring 'Bank Holidays' here.

Kat said...

Tismee- I had a lovely Thanksgiving here in England. Thank you for asking.

Auntie A said...

Oh, my dear "raisen nose" still
blaming stuff on your brother. I comfirmed this story with your Mom, you know my sister!!! I may be old but my brain still remembers ALL kinds of stuff.
XOXO
AA

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the higging and crying thing. It freaks me.
Dude... I missed the 100 mark. I have spewed 166+ posts of crapolla. guess I should do one soon.