Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

By Popular Request

By Popular request there are two pictures which apparently need to be displayed. One I have no problem displaying..but the other I have reservations about. Not that I didn't love my costume, but I just wished that I was about 30 lbs lighter. OK I guess I should explain why this is too...when my husband was deployed to Guam I kinda sorta half assed went on a diet..not a real "diet" just a eat better and less kind of thing. No exercised involved. I lost 20 lbs. I have now gained that back plus about 10 and I am blaming the 10 on stress eating due to the move.
This is my family for Halloween. I am a Queen (of course), followed by "The Man" as Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th, Lala as a princess and KiKi the kitty. Aww aren't we so cute you want to puke.

Next, the new car. Isn't it pretty? It is an '08 Jeep Compass. I love it. I am sad that I have to say goodbye to it on Thursday when my husband drives it to St. Louis to ship it to England. Damnit! I only got 6 days to know you Jeep Compass and you have already been a good friend to me. You got me to Kansas City and back to get food dishes for the animals crates (apparently your pets have to be able to eat and drink on the flight too...lol) and you are magnificently clean, have a smooth ride and feel like a car not an SUV when I am driving you. I will see you again, good friend when you return to me in England.

OK...now I am taking requests. Is there anything you want to know about my move to England or anything in general you would like me to write about? Think about it guys, this is an open invitation to ask me almost anything. Of course there are some things I won't respond to, naturally.

18 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

That's a jeep? It's so pretty!

Ellie

Mama Dawg said...

That's an awesome car.

Questions, questions...oh, the pressure.

How do you feel about moving to England?

Is this the first time you've lived in a foreign country due to the military?

How do you girls feel about this move?

How long will you be over there?

If I send you some money, will you buy me a new pair of Doc Martins?

Jenni said...

First, you are gorgeous.

Second, the fam is gorgeous.

Third, the car? Gorgeous.

steenky bee said...

You look beautiful! I guess I'm interested to hear the whole saga about the move. I'd also like to hear the culture shock stuff while you're over there. I assume you'll be on a base, no? Also, I was hoping you would befriend Madonna for me, but it seems she's moving back here. Maybe just the Paltrow then.

Cameron said...

When you first mentioned a new car the other day, I thought, "Hey crazy lady, you can't take that car over the pond!!" Then I looked into it and cars with steering wheels on the left are allowed, but won't that be kinda weird, driving on the left side of the road with a steering wheel on the left?

Kat said...

Ellie- It is pretty isn't it?

Mama- to be answered tomorrow!

Jenni- Thank you so much! Oh and I love your glasses, they are so cute.

Steenky Jen- You're beautiful too hon!

Cameron- I figure I am gonna have to learn to drive a new way any way...may as well have a car I like when I do it.

for a different kind of girl said...

You're adorable! So is the family!

I'm with the others - I'm very interested in how life is going to be like in England for you, and for the kids.

Unknown said...

Great family pic. You and your beloved compass should be meeting again soon. I mean what are the odds of the, losing it?

Anonymous said...

No fair! The Man isn't wearing a mask! lol I couldn't resist.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Honey, you are all shades of pretty! 30 lbs? Pfff! You're a stick next to me! (don't stand next to me..)
Questions about moving to England: hm. Um, tell me everything!
Very interested in how the girls feel about the move and having to adopt a new country and accent (they MUST adopt the accent!). WIll the animals also have an accent? Will you have to say "God save the queen"? Will you take loads of pictures to show us? (Um, this could go on for a while, so I'll spare you..)
Ooh! Even though you're leaving Thursday, does your vote still count? :-)

Lola said...

You do look beautiful, and so does the rest of the family.

Questions? Hmm. How about what will you miss the most about the US of A? Do you like British humor? What the hell do they eat over there, and do you like it?

Love the Jeep! I'm a little worried about you driving on the wrong side of the road with your steering wheel situation, though. You could always wear your Queen costume and pretend you're a Royal to avoid getting tickets.

Captain Dumbass said...

You look fantastic in that picture! What are you talking about?

Where is your base? England is small, but still. How far away from London will you be? Or will you be way out in the ass-end of Scotland?

Captain Dumbass said...

You look fantastic in that picture! What are you talking about?

Where is your base? England is small, but still. How far away from London will you be? Or will you be way out in the ass-end of Scotland?

Jenny Grace said...

Cute car, cute family, and you look fine!

Badass Geek said...

The Compass is a hot looking car.

zipbagofbones said...

I love your hubby's costume. My non-husband is such a Friday the 13th geek. Seriously, how many times do I have to watch the trailer for the remake? GOD!

Um, I have a question: Do they really drink warm beer?

Anonymous said...

C'mon fess up....that picture is from last week and ya'll dress like that everyday, right?? ;)

Love the car....looks girlish but hey, right up your alley huh?!

dmarks said...

Looks just like a Gremlin!