Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

And the Answers Are....

For MaMa Dawg-
How do I feel about moving to England? Well actually I am really excited, scared, and stressed out. I know when I get there that the stress will go away, but until then I am a big 'ol ball of stress. Cussing when my kids are not around seems to relieve that sometimes.
Is this the first time I have lived in a foreign country due to the military? Yes. Well unless you count Texas or Missouri as foreign countries.
How do the girls feel about the move? LaLa is really excited. Her best friends (my best friend's kids) already live at the base we are going to. When she tells someone she is moving to England she says "I am moving to England and I will get to play with C and C"....like anyone knows who her best friends are. EDIT: About 5 min ago LaLa realized that we are not coming back to Missouri and that this isn't going to be her house anymore. She burst into tears and started asking what was going to happen to her friends and if she was going to be able to see them again. It broke my heart into a thousand different pieces. I know she is going to have to do this every few years and it is going to be rough on her. I just hope we can handle it each and every time we have to do it. It is cute. KiKi, well she is 2 so I don't know how much she actually gets. She can say England though.
How long will we be over there? 4 years. Longer if my husband really likes it over there and applies for an extension, or tries to get another European base (and actually gets the assignment).
If you send me money will I get and send you some Doc Martins? Yes I would, but I think you might could find them cheaper in the states. Everything is more expensive over there. Yankee Candles go for almost $50!
Steenky Jen-
Will I live on base? Most likely no. We are looking at living in a little village between the two RAF bases in the area.
Will I befriend Gwen Paltrow? I dunno, she doesn't seem like my cup of tea. Maybe I will find another famous US ex-pat who wants to be friends.
Heinous- The odds of losing the car..hummm..well knowing my luck very good. For a normal person slim to none.
Sprite's Keeper- I hope my girls pick up the accent as quick as possible. I know my friends little boy who is 5 picked it up really quickly and her daughter who is 9 also has it a little bit. My friend also has picked up a slight English accent and she has only been there a year.
Will the animals have an accent? Well I already imagine that my cat has a french accent. I imagine it could change once we get to England. I guess he could say "Oy, get me some water" instead of "Le Mew, water S'il vous plaite"
Will I say "God save the Queen?" No but my kids already say it around here.
Will I take loads of pictures and show them to you guys? Of course! Why else do you think my husband got me the coolest graduation present ever?
Lola- What will I miss the most about the US of A? Driving on the correct side of the road.
Do I like British humor? I love Monty Python does that count?
What the hell do they eat over there? Fish and Chips
CaptainDumbass-Where is my base? NE of London about 70 miles. Kinda in the middle of nowhere, but all Air Bases are in the middle of nowhere. Seriously. Right now my base is in the middle of nothing but farm land.

13 comments:

Mama Dawg said...

Awesome answers. I can't wait to follow your journey!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you and I hope everything works out... I can't wait to read about it!

Cape Cod Gal said...

See, I take 3 days off and I miss the question and answer game. Damn!

If you want, I will be you USA supplier. Just let me know what you need and I'll ship it to ya!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Good answers! Good answers! Can't wait to hear more!

Jenni said...

Oh, poor LaLa. Hopefully as she gets older, she will understand and it will not be quite as heartbreaking.

Also, I love that your cat is French! My MIL's cat is french. Snooty little felines, aren't they?

And, I'm sorry your guy lost - I've been on that side of the equation MANY times. It sucks.

Lola said...

Do you like fish & chips?

Jen said...

I wish you the best trip ever and I can't wait to here all about it. Oh and I LOVE your new car. It is looks so awesome!!!!

Captain Dumbass said...

Are you going to start watching soccer (football)? I can't wait for the video of you screaming "Too right, mate!" and head butting someone. Please do that. Pretty please!

Unknown said...

Wishing you a safe and enjoyable trip.

PS I'm with the Cap'n. I'd love to see the head butt thing.

for a different kind of girl said...

Hope you have safe travels and get settled in nicely. Can't wait to hear from you when you get settled in the motherland!

Anonymous said...

LOL Yes! Monty Python definitely counts. :) But there's a lot of great British comedy, and before you know it you'll be telling us about stuff we can't see!

It is really hard on them to keep moving, but eventually they learn to be more outgoing because of it. Besides, with the military, you could always end up back in Missouri.

beth said...

English food will definately be good for the diet!

steenky bee said...

I forgot to ask for your phone number. Yeah, I'll call you way too much.

Good luck to you! I'll miss you, sniff, sniff while you're en route.

Also, you should NEVER give the Captain your coordinates. EVER! Also? Will you guys be like cousins now? You'll be British and he's Canadian?