Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Joy to the World!

It's Christmas Eve! My stockings are hung, my presents are wrapped and plans have been made on how to spend our first Christmas in England. Tonight we are going to attend church on base with the girls. It is a candle light service, which is what we usually attend when we are back home in South Carolina. The base church seems to be really nice and when "the Man" and LaLa went to check out what time the services would be starting one of the lady's from the church invited him and LaLa in for lunch and dessert. I think we will probably start attending church on base because I am not sure what other churches are in the area.

Anyways, after church, we are going to come home and let the girls open one present. This is something that my family has always done. After church we always just open a single present, then it is off to bed so that Santa can come.

On Christmas morning we will open all of Santa's presents and the rest of the presents from the family. This might take a while judging by the stack of gifts under my tree. Seriously, it looks like Christmas came into my house and threw up underneath my tree. I am totally not complaining. It is just kinda funny cause I have this little 5 foot tree and it is being overwhelmed by the presents.

After presents, we will pack up the girls and go to Domino's house for Christmas dinner. OK, I am from the south. Dinner to me is anywhere from noon-2pm (supper is at 6 pm when all the northerners are having "dinner")(sorry about the tangent there). Anyhoo, we are going to be keeping it fairly simple this year for Christmas dinner. Ham, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, corn, rolls, pie.....yeah ok, so it is still gonna be a lot of food. I guess after we finish dinner we will waddle into Domnio's living room and exchange the gifts that we got for each other. By this time it should also be late enough that I can call my family and not wake them up. Of course the idea of calling them at 9am my time also makes me giggle to myself. Can you imagine being on the receiving end of that.

Mom-*phone ringing looking at the clock which says 4am, picks up the phone* *groggy* Hello?
Me- MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Kids sing Jinggle Bells for MiMi!
Kids- *singing* Jingle Bells Jingle Bells!
Me-Aren't they great mom?
Mom- I am so going to take you out.

I would be living in fear until I saw her in July. It would sooooo be worth it.

So that is what I am going to be doing this Christmas. What are your plans?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great!

We're going to the in-laws and my parents' today and tomorrow we are just relaxing and doing our own thing!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Tonight, we feast on Applebees (contain your excitement, Kat) and venture to the city park for their lights nature walk before coming home to bake cookies and watch the Grinch. After locking Sprite in her room, we will bring out the forklift and load in the gifts. Things are a little slim this year, so we only have two pallets. Other than that, pretty relaxing!

Anonymous said...

We always opened one present on Christmas Eve too...strangely enough it was ALWAYS pajamas. :o) My mom is coming today and I'm making a roast. Tomorrow is the usual Powers' fare. I think Santa is coming to see Charlie tonight. Goodness we need a kid! LOL

ChurchPunkMom said...

if mother nature allows it, we will be making the 3 hour trip to my parents, where my brother and his family are also visiting (from Florida), today. We'll have Christmas there and then come home.. when mother nature allows. ;)

ah, midwest winters.. gotta love 'em!

Badass Geek said...

I'm hoping to get some Christmas morning lovin' from my wife.

MikeH said...

This Christmas we're doing...nothing! For the first time ever, my wife and I are staying home on our own with nothing to do but open our gifts and relax with some Christmas cheer. Have a great one, everybody!

Captain Dumbass said...

Remember The Day After Tomorrow? That's what it looks like here. It's changed my Xmas plans somewhat. We'll probably open all of the presents tonight so we can burn the wrapping paper for heat. Then the tree. Furniture...

Jen said...

that is awesome. I hope that you have the best Christmas. We have tons of family to see hopefully we can slow down and have some fun too. Merry Christmas.

threelittlebirds said...

Wow! At first, I read it as you guys would be going to Domino's for Christmas dinner...totally thought you guys were ordering pizza for Christmas...

Merry Christmas! Hope to see lots of pictures!

mommy dearest said...

i will probably still be up at 4am with all the stuff i have to do before the troops get here for dinner. for some unknown reason i haven't had much christmas spirit and got things done. no presents wrapped no decor except tree.well merry christmas talk to you tomorrow what ever the time.

Lawyer Mom said...

Relaxing is priority one. I always get weepy at Christmas time -- maybe it's because I realize Mr. M is a year older and it won't always be like this -- so I cut a lot of onions (they make a great cover). Merry merry.

for a different kind of girl said...

We're getting ready to head out for church soon, and Christmas has come and gone for you already! Hope you had a lovely and magical first English Christmas!

Cape Cod Gal said...

Going to Grams! I don't want to, but you all guilted me into it!!

Merry Xmas!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

that is great. Typical stuff here, nothing outragous. gifts, gifts, dinner (at 2 pm), nap, supper (leftovers from dinner), TV, bed.

Mama Dawg said...

I posted about what we did. It sounds like you are going to have a great one!