Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

You Think ya Know Someone...

So "The Man" and I were sharing a rather uneventful boring Friday night when he did the unimaginable. Now, I know about his love of 80's soft rock, but he really out did himself this time. He broke out into "All Out of Love" by Air Supply. He wasn't prompted. There was no gun to his head. I was flabbergasted. Now, I have been known to sing along to Hall and Oats, get down with Huey Louis and the News, even cut a rug to some Billy Joel, but Air Supply? Air Supply, maybe the cheesiest most sappy 80's band of all time. I draw the line at Air Supply.

I mean ya think ya know someone and then they do something that makes you wonder "Who the hell are you and what have you done to my relatively sane husband?"

Him- *Belting out Air Supply at the top of his lungs*
Me- "Are you kidding me?"
Him- "Oh come on! Everyone loves Air Supply!"
Me- "Are you kidding me?"
Him- "This is some classic music right here!"
Me- "If you say so...." *turn my head and roll my eyes*

Now if you actually like Air Supply. I'm sorry. No really, I'm sorry. You are entitled to your crappy music taste as much as "The Man" is, just leave me out of it.

23 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

I'm with you.


AIR SUPPLY???????

Cameron said...

That is almost grounds for divorce. There's 'irreconcilable differences', and right next to that 'love of Air Supply'

ChurchPunkMom said...

For real???

That's like that one time I hopped in the car and my screamo loving husband had on KLOVE.. KLOVE?? My mom listens to KLOVE.

Mama Dawg said...

Yeah, as cheesy as they are, I still like the cheese. Yummy, yummy cheese.

What were we talking about?

Anonymous said...

I don't know....REO Speed Wagon is pretty cheese-tastic, too.

Cape Cod Gal said...

OMG! It must be something about England. Did you ever see that movie Wedding Date? Totally Air Supply!

Not as bad as Europe. "It's The Final Countdown!!!!!"

Everyday Goddess said...

Good God!
Now it's stuck in my head. Thank your husband for me!

Jen said...

shocking, really!?!

Captain Dumbass said...

Somebody has to stand up for "The Man" and dammit, that somebody is me. I'm calling each and every one of your commentors out and all the ones who dare to throw down any smack afterwards. ALL OF YOU could sing along to that song word for word! Deny it if you like, but we both know you're LYING!

"I'm lying alone with my head on the phone
Thinking of you till it hurts..."

Jenny Grace said...

Wow. Just wow.

The Stiletto Mom said...

I'm all out of love...I'm so lost without you...I know you were right...believing for so long...

Um yeah, I totally typed that from memory. Good job Man...it takes some balls to own up to that musical shiz. :)

The Stiletto Mom said...

PS: Merry Christmas Kat!!! Enjoy your first in England!

zipbagofbones said...

I gotta say, I love me some cheesy 80's soft rock. But we've already established that I'm sick. I like Coldplay. The end.

Anonymous said...

I am with "the man". At least it was entertaining and he gave you something to post about.

Sprite's Keeper said...

"I want you to come back and carry me home, away from that long lonely night.
I'm thinking of you, are you thinking it too? Does the feeling seem oh so right?"
Yes, I know the song verbatim. (I think I may have lost a reader because of this..)

Lola said...

I have to believe that he's just claiming to like Air Supply to annoy you, because I can't believe anyone likes that song!

Hall & Oates is almost as bad, girl!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Sounds exactly like something my hubby would do!!

Jamie said...

I think I like the cheeseness known as Air Supply -

yes, yes - I do!
but in my defense I like all kinds of music. Can I redeem myself with my love of The White Stripes, Wilco, The Ramones, & Jimmy Buffet. Just to name a few.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

I have to admit I loved Air Supply back then. I had a crush on the tall guy. The short guy creeped me out though. Now, I really can't say I like them much anymore, although if a song came on the radio...

Unknown said...

No one really likes Air Supply. If you hear a knock on the door, late at night, they have come to take his dude card.

Anonymous said...

Who the heck are Air Supply?

Hope you and your lovely family have a lovely first British Christmas, Kat.

Anonymous said...

After reading this Mike decided to break into the background vocals...thanks.

Unknown said...

Sorry but I adored that one AS song for years - it's a classic!