Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why Kat Sucks at Buying Birthday Presents

Today is my best friend's birthday. Have I got her a present yet? No. Card? Nope. Baked a cake? ummm no. Yeah I suck ass. BUT I have a PLAN. Well I sorta have a plan. I do know what NOT to get her. Nigel, the guy who works with Domino got her perfume and I know not to get that. "The Man" gets home from work at 3. That is my plan. Uhhhh yeah. See I have a plan. That is a plan right? Go shopping after hubby gets home, don't get perfume. Oh and get card. I got this totally covered.

In my defense, it isn't like I haven't THOUGHT about what to get her for her birthday. I have been texting back and forth to Nigel for the past week with us both pondering what to get her. My problem is everytime I go shopping, Domino is with me. It isn't like I can pick something up, put it in my basket and try to hide it from her like I would if she was one of my kids. She is a grown adult, smart as a whip, and I am pretty sure she would catch on. Plus I am just not that sneeky.

So when The Man gets home from work, I am leaving the monsters with him and heading down to Mildenhall to get her the best birthday present ever. Or at least the best birthday present I can find on her birthday and not make it look like I forgot her birthday by getting it to her before 10pm. Yeah. I. Suck.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see...the best birthday present ever? Probably a coach purse! But those are a *bit* pricey-maybe just a coach keychain ;)

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad-I totally wait til the last minute too!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Buying birthday presents is second only to buying Christmas presents, in the tiers of Shopping Hell.

Or maybe it's just me?

Ellie

Cape Cod Gal said...

I'm always about the last minute! Flower shops LOVE me! They save me in a pinch!

kel said...

Gifts cards!! A spa gift card? Those are always good!

let us know what you end up buying? how about a bottle of booze and movie for a planned girls night??? I dont know.. I am lame at buying presents too!

for a different kind of girl said...

I think there's some truth to the theory 'It's the thought that counts' in this circumstance! You've definitely given it some thought, and you have been busy! I bet you'll find something perfect. In fact, I bet you're almost on your way by now to heading out and buying that perfect thing!

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

Manicures and Pedicaure? Those are always fun to do with a best friend. If you can find the time! Good luck shopping! : )

Anonymous said...

Why don't you tell her that your birthday present for her is taking her shopping? That way you two can spend time together and she gets a gift!

Sprite's Keeper said...

All this effort to get her a gift before 10pm? That doesn't suck AT ALL. You're a great friend!

Captain Dumbass said...

Leaving it until the last minute brings out the creativity in your gifts.

Anonymous said...

You're much too hard on yourself - to put it mildly you've been a tad busy.

ChurchPunkMom said...

i had something great to say here.. but my foot is asleep and the tingling is killing me... i can't think straight..

don't worry. i suck at gifts too.. just as my husband. ;)

ChurchPunkMom said...

ask.. i meant ask.. and that sounded a little.. dirty? hm.. note to self, don't comment when the foot is too tingly for you to focus...

Anonymous said...

Good luck and I was gonna go with what Sarah said- a gift certificate to have a manicure/pedicure? I suck at buying gifts, so I always end up buying a gift certificate.

Lola said...

I still owe my best friend her birthday present from back in October, and now I have no idea what to get her for Christmas. I used to be good at finding just the right gift, but now I'm out of ideas. Good luck!