Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 13, 2009

Thank You!

Last night I was sitting down, lounging if you will, and I got an email. It was from a guy named Nick. I know I don't know any Nicks so I figured it was one of those Nigerian Banking Fraud junk emails, but I decided to open it. Glad I did. Apparently Nick is an British Ex-Pat who lives in America now. He was looking for photos to use on his webpage and had stumbled upon (from Mike H's blog Post Cards from Across the Pond)(Oh and that is the name of his book too, you guys should buy it! It's on Amazon.) my photos of Cambridge and was asking permission to use them. I was stunned. First that he liked my photos and secondly that he asked permission (not everyone is that thoughtful and will steal your photos quicker than you can say lickity split). I was honored and told him that he was more than welcome to use the photos. He was also kind enough to repay me by linking from his site to my blog. You can find his site, BritPages.org here. Head over there for all things British.

I then recieve an award. I was Gobsmacked. Joanie from over at Jonie's Random Ramblings was kind enough to give me this little beauty!


The Lemonade Stand Award
For when life gives you lemons you make....Lemonade!

Of course this honor is not with out rules. Kinda like this:



So here are the rules:

Post the logo on your blog.

Nominate at least 10 blogs that show great attitude or gratitude. Link to the nominees within your blog post.

Notify the recipients of the award by commenting on their blog.

Share the love and link back to the person from whom you received your award.

Here are the recipients from me:

Amy from Bitchin Wives Club

Mariah from Manic Mariah

Chad from Us and Them

Myshka from My London Eye

Bobby G from The G Spot

Jess from This Life is Mine

Petra from The Wise Young Mommy

Mama Dawg from Two Dogs Running

YaYa from YaYa Stuff

Cat from Zipbag of Bones

Cammie from Life in the House of No Sleep

OK I did 11. Pass the love on my lovely bloggers!






24 comments:

zipbagofbones said...

Thank you Kat, that really made my day! Lemons are the new black.

zipbagofbones said...

Oh, and of course, CONGRATULATIONS!

Bobby G said...

Congrats girl! Thx for the gift! Though I dont participate in these things, I do appreciate the appreciation! It feel great JUST to be loved!

rachael chatoor said...

Nice! Its so great when your work get noticed and someone wants to use it! That must have felt awesome!

Congrats on the award girl!

Jess said...

Thanks homeslice! XOXO!!

Badass Geek said...

Congrats, dude!

Larkin said...

That is awesome! Congratulations!

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

aw, thank you Kat! How did you know I was feeling unloved cause I hadn't gotten an award in a long time? what a pal you are!

And congrats to you for receiving it first!

Kevin McKeever said...

All well deserving winners. You're OK, too. ;-)

Cammie said...

ahhhh, thank you dahling!

Captain Dumbass said...

Thank you so much! I am truly deserving of this award. And cash prizes. Where are the cash prizes?

Lawyer Mom said...

It's nice to be gobsmacked sometimes. Congrats.

Vodka Mom said...

I so LOVE that you can't count either. I am making you a drink, girl.


haha

mo.stoneskin said...

!Lickety split!

Phew, I still have my photos.

!Lickety split!

Yep, still have them.

!Lickety split!

Damn.

Thanks for stopping by, I think I may have been here once before, but I will be back again now, especially as you've moved this side of the pond, and therefore should be subjected to some positive discrimination...

Funnily enough, when I was reading your post I read "Nickerian Banking Fraud". Now that made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

LOL video!
Thanks!

Mariah said...

Thanks Kat!! and Congrats of course... I'm going to bling out my blog now =)

Amy W said...

Congrats on everything! Awards are always wonderful to get and make me feel so good. :) And I've never gotten the lemonade one before!! And I feel like I've gotten a lot of lemons lately (yes, still stressing about the house! But happy that my hubby and I have decided to wait until AFTER we go to the UK in April before we put it on the market - assuming we find a place there that I will be happy in that has a school that can take care of our boys-- yes, long story).

And you pics are excellent, so I am not surprised someone of importance asked to use them, at all! Let your ego swell a bit. You deserve it!

Amy W said...

Congrats on everything! Awards are always wonderful to get and make me feel so good. :) And I've never gotten the lemonade one before!! And I feel like I've gotten a lot of lemons lately (yes, still stressing about the house! But happy that my hubby and I have decided to wait until AFTER we go to the UK in April before we put it on the market - assuming we find a place there that I will be happy in that has a school that can take care of our boys-- yes, long story).

And you pics are excellent, so I am not surprised someone of importance asked to use them, at all! Let your ego swell a bit. You deserve it!

Amy W said...

Oh, yeah, THANK YOU!!!! (I am such a bitch sometimes!)

steenky bee said...

Isn't it wonderful when nice things happen? Well, you're a nice gal, so nice things are bound to happen to you! Congrats to you!!!

Lola said...

Congrats all the way around, Darling!

Unknown said...

kat...great post (again!)
~AM

SweetPeaSurry said...

Congrats on being tagged, getting noticed for your imagery and all the yumminess!!!

Mama Dawg said...

You rock. Seriously, you rock. Thanks.