I'm 30! Holy moly! I can't believe it. I guess their are advantages to not being in my twenties anymore, not that I have felt like I have been in my twenties in a very long time. Also, I still have writers block, so I made yet another couple of lists.
Good Things About Getting Older
1. I worry less about trivial things.
2. I know who I am. I know what I am good at and what I can improve.
3. I love myself more than I did when I was in my teens/early 20s.
4. I don't feel peer pressure like I did when I was younger.
5. I usually make better choices.
6. I have better skin. Other than my laugh lines, but I do love laughing.
7. I can have a good laugh at my own expense.
8. I am more motivated.
9. More patience for important things.
10. Better Birthday presents.
Things That Stink About Getting Older
1. Things that were once north are slowly sliding south.
2. My feet seem to have grown. They were already huge.
3. My metabolism has taken a hike.
4. Relentless inner dialog.
5. Having to cross my legs when I sneeze or cough hard.
6. Forgetfulness. (OK, this isn't really from getting older, that is just part of my charm.) (Yes, we're gonna call it charm)
7. Caffeine all of a sudden has started making me stay awake, which never was a problem when I was younger, but now if I have a sip of caffeine after 9pm I won't sleep until 3am.
8. I am not longer the last person in my group of friends who is still in their 20s.
9. No patience for trivial stupid people.
Happpy Birthday, hope you have a fab day and that hubby of yours has something special planned for you. x
Happy, happy birthday!!!! Being in your 30's is awesome. You're so much more confident and much more willing to tell people to take a hike if they are getting on your nerves. Hope you and your family (and Iris) have a great day!
Happy birthday! May you have all you want and need on this day and for another 30+ years to come!
I remember feelings of panic at turning 29 - only one yesr left to achieve everything aaargh! Then I turned 30 and there was a big, fat zero at the end of my number. Aah... ten years ahead to conquer the world. 30 was great bithday :)
Happy birthday! Have a lovely day!
I haven't seen my 30's in...never mind.
Happy Birthday and I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day!
Happy Birthday youngster!!
Happy Birthday! I hope you have an excellent day.
Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day!
Happy Birthday.... just think you could be my age..
Happy Birthday!!!!!! Hope you have a kick ass day!!!!!
Well, Happy Birthday and I hope you have lots and lots of wonderful surprises all day! I was thirty a long long time ago. At the time I was told by a man that I liked very very much that 30 was when a woman was at her best -- enjoy!
Happy Birthday! The thirties are pretty nice in general. People treat you like an adult, for a change. I had a bladder suspension done at about 40, made a world of difference!
Happy Birthday Kat hope you had a great day.
Belated Happy Birthday! :) Hope you had a lovely one!
Happy Birthday Kat!! Hope you had a great one...x
Yay here's to getting older! I'm only 2 years away from 40 so I'm going to ignore your second list and focus on the first if that's ok with you. Hope you had a fantabulous day! :D
Hope you have had a lovely time
My 35th was my best birthday ever so things definitely do improve in some ways as you get older
Post a Comment