Ok here are a few sayings you might here around my house and generally they would probably get you a lot of strange looks in public. At my house however, they are commonplace.
1. "Your in some serious Kimchi". This one was brought home courtesy of "The Man". Yes we both know that Kimchi is a Korean food. However around our place it means you are about to be in some serious shit. Example of how this would be used is. "LaLa, you better get in bed or you are gonna be in some serious Kimchi."
2. "Shit the bed" This means something broke. When my washing machine broke. Yeah it shit the bed.
3. "Sneriously" Not a proper word ("The Man" stole it from a work buddy)...it is a substitute for seriously, but it sounds cooler. Generally means "what the hell!!!".
4. "I hate your face!" Not to be taken literally, this usually is a joke or a substitute for "Sneriously" or "dammit", or a thousand different things. Ex....the remote broke, and "The Man" was holding the remote and pulled it close to his face and said "I hate your face!". If anyone has seen "Grandma's Boy" you will understand.
5. "Leaning forward" In Air Force terms, this means thinking ahead. Just don't lean to far forward or you might fall on your face.
6. "I'm out of beer" This will happen on occasion when my hubby wasn't "leaning forward" (refer to number 5). Just kidding mom...I never run out.....hahahahahahahaha. ( "The Man" added that last part mom... dont' kick my butt).
7. "FAIL" If you do something wrong, you FAIL. "The Man" brought this home from work because he had to evaluate other guys doing their job, and if they screwed up they FAIL. Generally done with a karate chop movement toward the failee.
8. "Off base Commander". This is me. Don't confuse your rank for my authority.
9. "Wifed" When the off base commander (see number 8) says that "The Man" can't do something. Ex. "So you want to go to the bar?"...says a buddy. "Naw...I got wifed...can't go"
10. "Do you want a waffle?" Code for "want to get naked?" Ok now this started when we were living with my mom. We were talking about going out to Waffle House, my mom walked in the room right when "The Man" asked me if I wanted a waffle and my mom said "Ewww don't talk about sex with me around!!" Well we weren't talking about it then..but we are now....
11. "Hey Baby" Usually said with the voice of "Butt-head", see number 10.
12. "For F*&@'s Sake"...new term that has sprang up from being in England. Ex. It is Tuesday and the cable won't be installed until NEXT Wed. "For F*&@'s Sake!!"
13. "So There I Was"...usually comes at a point where the conversation is about to turn boring or when there is a lull in the conversation. "The Man" also named our family blog that.
14. "Party pooper" Enough said.
15. "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I usually get boo'd when I am #14. "The Man's" best friend Mike...yeah he boooo's me all the time.
16. "Turrets" Not the disease or the word per se but sometimes you will hear a cluster of nonrealted explicative thrown together. Usually when "The Man" is assembling a piece of furniture or putting up blinds. Not something for kids ears. "The Man" says to the kids..."put on your earmuffs". Damn Walmart furniture...it is always crappy instructions or it is missing a part! (sure it is "The Man", sure it is...)
17. "Be Quiet, here comes The Undertaker"...always happens during "Friday Night Smackdown." "The Man" turns up the volume to a very high level on the TV to listen to "Taker's" entrance theme. I groan and leave the room. (I just told him he CAN NOT embed a flippin undertaker youtube video clip). (He is slighly pouting).(OK he wins!)
18. "If it was a snake it would have bit you"...what "The Man" says to me daily when I can't find something that was right in front of me.
19. "Suck it up and be a bulldog" This was stolen from "The Man's" dad from The Citadel Bulldog Football team. Ex. You cut your finger off..."Suck it up and be a Bulldog" He once chose to say this to me during a fight and I didn't talk to him for 3 days.
20. "I've already got one foot in the grave"...."The Man" says this during times when he feels old. Stolen from his dad, it is pessimistic in nature but funny as hell sometimes. Well "The Man" thinks it is funny.......
21. "Is Scrubs on yet?" We love that show...JD and Turk are "The Man's" heroes...right below "Al Bundy" from "Married With Children" (Actually I think "The Man" is actually the real life JD...just wait til Tuesdays post about what happened Friday night...yeah you will so get it then..two words "Air Supply").
(Written together with "The Man" for "poops and giggles")