Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

To the Crazy Woman Who Birthed Me,

I am so glad you were able to come and visit me for your birthday. This trip has been absolutely fantastic and I will never run out of blogging material because of it. I mean, you are the only one who could fart and Windsor Castle and only be slightly embarrassed and then laugh when I exposed your deed to the internet. Staying up until the wee hours of the morning with me either reading a book or us laughing or butts off trying to be quiet as to not wake the rest of the house. I love that you are not only my mom but my best friend. I can tell you anything and not worry about being judged. OK maybe a little, but I know you will always love me and support me no matter what. So in honor of your birthday here are a few of the important lessons I have learned from you.

1. Mom is always right.
2. Don't argue with Mom.
3. Even if you don't agree with Mom, just nod your head.
4. Farts are funny (especially at Windsor Castle).
5. I am predisposed to snorting when I laugh.
6. A good book is never a waste of time.
7. Even a trashy romance novel is acceptable reading material.
8. Never underestimate the power of a good belly laugh.
9. Sometimes it is best to just shut your mouth and go with the flow.
10. There can never be too many clocks in your house.
11. Bacon is a food group.
12. Tough love is often the best choice.
13. Animals are a never ending source of entertainment and love.
14. Kids do stupid things and it is ok to laugh at them.
15. Wear good shoes.
16. Don't worry about things.
17. When in doubt, have a chat with God.
18. You can never give your kids enough hugs and kisses.
19. Don't take yourself too seriously.
20. Mom is always right.

So Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you, you crazy wonderful woman.


(Mom and the girls at Windsor Castle)

26 comments:

Kristin and Mike said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad you guys had fun :o)

Michele said...

Happy Birthday!

It sounds like your having a terrific B-day trip.

Unknown said...

Oh I like numbers 1 and 20 on the list! And the rest of them, too. here's to a great mom and farting in castles! Happy Birthday, Kat's Mom!

The Peach Tart said...

Well at least she didn't fart in front of the Queen

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Kat's mom; you raised a great daughter!

mo.stoneskin said...

"Even if you don't agree with Mom, just nod your head."

The eleventh commandment.

Irish Gumbo said...

Happy birthday to Kat's mom! what a kovely tribute! So, she's what, 29? (grin)

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

oh i love my mamacita too!!!!!! so very much. last week at the beach? my mother and my sisters and i? we all spoke with a jersey shore accent. THE WHOLE WEEK LONG.

it rocked!

happy birthday to your mother!

Bobby G said...

AWWWW Happy bday mama Kat!

Sandy said...

Sweet! Happy Birthday!

Expat No. 3699 said...

Your mom sounds like a very special lady. Happy Birthday to your mum.

Kimberly Wright said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! Glad you all had a great time together!

Maureen at IslandRoar said...

I sure hope my kids attribute half as many fine lessons to me as you do to your mom.
Great tribute.

Cynthia L. H. said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!
I find it incredible that you not only have this long list of things that you learned, but that you remembered them AND wrote them down! An amazing Mother/Daughter Duo!!!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!!!!

And I so agree with #14!!!!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Seriously, what woman wouldn't feel like a queen when spending her birthday at a castle? Happy birthday!

Jen said...

your mom sure did teach you some good lessons.
Happy Birthday to her.

Unknown said...

awww...happy birthday to your mummy!

andy

Toni said...

Yay - Happy Birthday to the farting mummy! lol. Glad she/you had a great time together; I work with my mum as well as live with her now and I wouldn't have it any other way, we're always making each other at work.

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

she's one smart lady, that mother of yours. . . .

Badass Geek said...

Happy Birthday!

And yes. Moms are always right.

Auntie A said...

Yes your mom is one of a kind. She is the best sister in the whole world even if she still gets me in trouble at church by making me laugh during the sermon!!! We will never be too old to find humor in little things others "don't get."
I am so glad she had you my dear and passed on the craziness.HAHA
xoxo
Auntie A

Sam said...

Happy birthday!
PS Will you adopt me?

OhCaptain said...

Happy birthday to your mom!

Anonymous said...

awww!! i wish my mom and i had that kind of relationship... sounds like y'all had a good visit! yay!

Anonymous said...

awww!! i wish my mom and i had that kind of relationship... sounds like y'all had a good visit! yay!