Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Heartbreak

I sit, watching, feeling helpless. The devastation. The hurt. The sadness, soon to be replaced by anger. They had nothing at the start and are left with even less. Digging out of the rubble with their bare hands. A mother who has lost all four children when her home collapsed and then the last one died at the hospital. I can't imagine it, yet, I see the horrors of it plain as day on my television screen.

I fall into puddles of tears each time I turn on the television. I want to help, but have no means. So, I write. That is my part. This is what I can do. I can raise awareness.

There are countless places to donate to in order to help the people of Haiti. Here are a few very reputable charities who are active in the relief efforts for Haiti. If you can donate, please do. If you can't, raise awareness.