Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why I Am a Horrible Blogger

With all the posts lately that I have seen around about what constitutes a good post or how to be a better blogger, I felt really inadequate. I mean, how can I live up to all these expectations? Here are all the reasons I am a horrible blogger.

1). I sometimes have rambling long paragraphs. I can't help it. I write posts in my head and then they just flow out of the finger tips.

2. Half the time I don't proofread. Granted, my posts don't have horrid spelling mistakes generally. I do however sometimes reread over a post after I have published it and find mistakes. Then I usually go back into the editor and fix it.

3. I don't us an RSS reader. Shock and horror I know!! Here is my take on RSS readers; if I had one I would feel obligated to read Every. Single. Post. in it and frankly I have neither the time or energy.

4. I hate self promotion. I tweet my posts once, maybe twice (three times if I have a wild hair up my butt).

5. I don't pay attention to my blog stats. I have no idea what they actually mean. I have a Google Analytics account an absolutely no idea how to use it.

6. I write posts in about 20-30 min. I usually only reread through them once or twice before I post. Usually just to make sure they make sense.

7. If I don't publish by 10am my time, that means I can't be arsed to write that day.

8. I covet comments. Seriously crave them. Can't get enough comments. I know you're not supposed to care about how many comments you get, and really I don't care about the number. I just want to know what other people think.

9. I don't comment on everyones blog that I read. Sometimes I will tweet them a message instead or I will talk to them later that day. Sometimes though, I am just lazy.

10. I can't be bothered to get my knickers in a twist about every little controversy in the mommy blogosphere. In other words; I don't care if you breast feed, bottle feed, home school, regular school, wear your baby, let them cry it out, ferberize, attachment parent. I don't care. I don't have the mental energy for it. I barely have enough time to put out all the little fires around here, let alone address all the issues in the mommy blogosphere.

Yep, that pretty much sums up why I am a completely crap blogger. I don't conform to what people think is "good". Then again, why should I?

Also, I compose most of my posts in my head in the shower. What? It is the only place I get a quiet moment to myself to think.