Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Can't Someone Else Decide?

This is Susie from New Day New Lesson. Like Kat I also have a husband who is gone a lot, but I am lucky that mine goes on shorter trips. For the most part he travels every other week but he is home for the weekend.


I'm originally from New York but now live in Israel. I am the mother of 5 kids ages almost 4 to almost 20. The oldest is in the army. We have mandatory draft here.


I started blogging about 3 months ago and I blog about a new lesson we learn from life every day. I also host the Kindness Club with a new kindness prompt every week. Would be so happy for you guys to take part.


Enjoy your break Kat. Hope your readers enjoy my musings.

---------

Decide

I have finally realized what it is that drives me the craziest about being a mother and a wife. (And don't get me wrong, I love both those jobs.)

What I have realized is that what I don't like are the constant decisions that I need to make. Any which way I turn there is a decision needing to be made. From my shopping list, to meal menus, to what needs cleaning, what needs washing and what needs doing first. And that's just a small part of the decisions.


My kids and husband are amazing and they help out a lot, and if not for them my house at this point would have been condemned. But for the most part I need to tell them what to do. I need to be the one to delegate.


I have decided that I do not like that part of the job description.


I have also noticed that the more resistance I have had to decision making the lower my house cleaning and organizational standards have slipped. My messy house and I are still gliding by on the once OCD reputation I built myself (years and years ago) for being a crazy neat freak.


Luckily for me, because I was once so OCD and nuts, no one believes that I am now a pig. My poor hubby keeps trying to tell everyone he is the neat one now but to no avail. No one believes him. (Probably because every once in a blue moon my OCD sneaks up and goes into a whirlwind, conveniently right before people visit.)


I keep thinking how nice it would be just to be given a list of chores and things that need doing and not to have to think and organize, just do.


Is it just me who has this issue or does anyone else want a wife too?


Image:

DECIDE

© Matt Wilson | Flickr Creative Commons