Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

9 Years of Wedded Bliss (well, most of the time)

As of yesterday I have been married nine years. I have to admit, it hasn't been the easiest nine years of my life. Marriage is hard work, ya'll. I'll tell you what though, it is totally worth it. So here are my tips to have a for the generally happy marriage (people who have always happy marriages are lying, I am convinced of it).

1. Remember common courtesy. A please here and a thank you there will save you a lot of grief in the long run.

2. If you have a gripe, get it out. Do not keep your complaints bottled up.

3. On that note, if you are about to lose your mind, maybe it is a good idea to get some clarity before letting your spouse have it with both barrels blazing.

4. Don't be an asshole on purpose.

5. Don't keep secrets. You can have surprises, not secrets.

6. Remember to make time for your spouse, and not as an afterthought. I know when there are rugrats running around the house it is sometimes easy to remember that you have a partner in the madness that needs a bit of attention. Don't forget.

7. Try to take interest in your partners hobbies. Yeah, I don't like WWE wrestling, but I used to watch it religiously, so I will take an hour here or there and watch it with him because it gives us something to do together. Also, it gives us something to talk about other than the kids. He also asks about the books I read or will pick up the last book I have read and read a bit of it, just because he knows it interests me.

8. Keep the laughter alive.

9. Give each other a break. Don't harass each other about every little thing. Pick your battles.

10. And always remember




(One of my anniversary presents from The Man)

Thank you for 9 wonderful years, The Man. I love you more today than I ever thought was possible. Your a wonderful, fantastic, brave, smart, and awesome husband. Any girl would be lucky to have you, thankfully, I got to you first.